02-22-12, 11:07 PM   #1
bluebman05
A Defias Bandit
[oUF] Making a personalized layout.

I want to make a personalized layout for oUF.

This is ultimately something I'd want to do as a personal project in my quest to learn how to program/code.

It's pretty simple, just the 3D portrait and text values.

The stuff in the pink background is just some things I'd do for other classes, it's not part of the actual 'layout'.

Where would I start I wanted to make this?
02-23-12, 05:05 AM   #2
Aftermathhqt
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bluebman05 View Post
I want to make a personalized layout for oUF.

This is ultimately something I'd want to do as a personal project in my quest to learn how to program/code.

It's pretty simple, just the 3D portrait and text values.

The stuff in the pink background is just some things I'd do for other classes, it's not part of the actual 'layout'.

Where would I start I wanted to make this?
First you can start with download oUF, then download some up-to-date layout and check the code abit, how its done, also, everyone writes thier code very diffrent
02-23-12, 04:37 PM   #3
Othgar
"That" Guy

Take a look at oUF_Hank. It looks pretty close to what you want already, from there you could tweak things, add the portrait and customize it until it's the way you want it.

02-23-12, 05:26 PM   #4
bluebman05
A Defias Bandit
Cool

Well, I don't think it's going to look like the "blueprint" right away, as I am still a novice at basic code. But I do want to make it like that eventually. For now I think I'm going to use text for the fancy stuff like icons.

I should still use Hank as a starting point, right?
02-24-12, 12:46 AM   #5
Othgar
"That" Guy

Originally Posted by bluebman05 View Post
Well, I don't think it's going to look like the "blueprint" right away, as I am still a novice at basic code. But I do want to make it like that eventually. For now I think I'm going to use text for the fancy stuff like icons.

I should still use Hank as a starting point, right?
iF oUF_Hank is clodest to what you're looking for then I'd say. It's always good to start as close to where you want to end up as possible.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » [oUF] Making a personalized layout.