08-20-08, 06:45 PM   #1
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Screen resolution bad?

I have a Widescreen monitor. It has resolutions set at 1440x900. I play wow at this setting yet things still seem a tad bit stretched. Its not enough to make wow look weird but compared to other screenshots you can see a difference. Here is a picture of me in windowed mode. The resolution is set to 1440x900 wide in game. Now why is it not going all the way to the right and left hand sides? If i maximize it thats when it starts to look kinda stretched. any idea?

08-20-08, 07:36 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Because you're in Windowed mode. When in windowed mode, the window the game is in squishes the rendered area vertically to make room for the task bar. The reason why your window isn't stretching all the way across horizontally, is because there's a setting in video options to keep the scale of your window the same when in windowed mode - so it doesn't get that squished/stretched look.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-20-08, 08:15 PM   #3
tralkar
An Onyxian Warder

also is you monitor at the same screen resolution ? sometimes this can screw with it
08-20-08, 10:01 PM   #4
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by tralkar View Post
also is you monitor at the same screen resolution ? sometimes this can screw with it
yea my screen is set for a 1440 x 900 resolution. And that makes sense seerah. Its not horribly noticable but when i post pictures of my screen shots people always gotta point it out hehe gets frustrating
08-21-08, 03:01 AM   #5
dafire
Premium Member
have you tried selecting the maximized option in video settings under the window mode button ?

this way you will keep the advantages (and disadvantages) of window mode but it will look like fullscreen mode without any border

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Screen resolution bad?