05-18-06, 03:03 PM   #1
lastro
A Defias Bandit
Macro to equip a item and use it

I need a macro, or mod if so be, that can switch between two books I got. These are the fire runed grimoire and the cornerstone grimoire. So basicly it equips the cornerstone, uses the cooldown just like any trinket out there and then when that is done switches back to the fire runed grimoire.
05-18-06, 03:40 PM   #2
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I love ItemRack -> http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4148
05-18-06, 03:57 PM   #3
lastro
A Defias Bandit
nono you missunderstood, I need a specific sequence that just equips and uses that book before switching back to the old one, I like to use it in pvp where my fire runed grimoire is superior. I just use the cooldown before switching back quickly. You see books are considered weapons thus I can change in combat.
05-18-06, 04:35 PM   #4
hikaricore
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

don't know the actual script command to equip an item but if you have "slash equip" http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=782 and "use by name" http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=208 this should work:

/equip2 cornerstone grimoire
/usebyname cornerstone grimoire
/equip2 fire runed grimoire

not sure if your books have cooldowns on equip like most items tho... so i may just be wasting your time here
05-18-06, 06:17 PM   #5
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
i'm pretty sure that equipping the skele summoning book gives it a 30 second cooldown before you can use it. itemrack has a feature where it can equip an item 30 seconds before it's cooldown is up, so that after the 30 second equip cooldown, you are ready to use it again. that's why i suggested itemrack.

if you want just a macro, that can be done, but you still have the 30 second cooldown to deal with when you equip the book.
05-19-06, 06:07 AM   #6
Pester
A Cyclonian
The above post is correct.. you must wait 30 seconds upon equipping a trinket before you can use it.. after that..

Then /script UseInventoryItem(13 or 14) will use the item. slot 13 is the first and 14 is the second.

If you right click on the item to equip it, it slides into slot 13 by default

my 2cp

and the "usebyname" mod mentioned above only uses an item in your pack not an equipped one

Last edited by Pester : 05-19-06 at 06:24 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Macro to equip a item and use it