10-20-17, 03:56 AM   #21
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by CC_WOW View Post
Right, here is the current (experimental) branch: GitHub link
It's a giant mess right now, which I am going to sort out after I fixed the glitching. You have been warned!

Resike apparently posted some code which is no longer visible here, maybe it was filtered? I've stored it here in the meantime: https://gist.github.com/SacredDuckwh...8b9558fb67fd20

What I meant earlier was that the internal resolution doesn't match the actual screen size (as you have said), so I am looking for a way to map it to that cleanly after scaling it according to the user's settings. This is a direct comparison of the frame at a pixel-perfect scale and upscaled with glitching:

Due to the rounding taking place every once in a while pixels will glitch. I tried applying the rounding that was mentioned here, and it did help, but it isn't quite enough... so I figured I need to make sure the points are anchored to integer coordinates (and I rounded them, which again helped somewhat). For some reason, there are still some glitched borders though.

Examples: Proper UI scale of 768/1080 and then my normal UI scale of ~0.889 (not pixel-perfect and glitched after scaling) - as well as the zoomed-in comparison
If you still need help, give me your code, i'll pixel-perfect it, then you can see how it's done.
10-21-17, 02:55 PM   #22
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hey Resike, have you thought of turning your code into a library like "LibPixelPerfect-1.0" or something? I tried it with one of the functions of LibUtilities-1.0 but pixel perfection is quite a lot more complex than what I did.

Last edited by myrroddin : 10-21-17 at 02:56 PM. Reason: spelling
10-22-17, 03:17 AM   #23
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by myrroddin View Post
Hey Resike, have you thought of turning your code into a library like "LibPixelPerfect-1.0" or something? I tried it with one of the functions of LibUtilities-1.0 but pixel perfection is quite a lot more complex than what I did.
I did but it's not easy to generalize for every frame and my solution does not cover every issues yet either. And more importantly i don't have much time to work on it right now.
10-25-17, 11:44 AM   #24
CC_WOW
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Resike View Post
If you still need help, give me your code, i'll pixel-perfect it, then you can see how it's done.
Thanks, I only have one small issue that I couldn't figure out myself. I'll look into it once I have time, since I managed to get the frames fixed that I created myself it shouldn't be impossible to fix those that AceGUI created...

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » What parts of an addon's GUI should be "pixel perfect"?