12-24-13, 04:38 AM   #1
bonytony
A Fallenroot Satyr

What I'm working on

Started working on this, this week. Im likin it so far but it seems to lag me out quite a bit when in combat. Maybe i need to use more lightweight addons or something, not sure. I run every other UI ive tried great, but when making my own I always get this problem.

If i can ever get it to run more smoothly Id like to learn to have toggleable layouts for lvling, raiding, questing, and farming.........errrr without reflux

Anyways, what do you guys think? Like it? Hate it?

12-24-13, 05:44 AM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by bonytony View Post
... it seems to lag me out quite a bit when in combat. Maybe i need to use more lightweight addons or something, not sure.
Do you have BugSack running, or at least "Display Lua Errors" checked under Interface Options > Help? If you're seeing a huge drop in FPS when you enter combat, that usually means there are errors occurring. However, the game does not display errors by default.

... Id like to learn to have toggleable layouts for lvling, raiding, questing, and farming.........errrr without reflux
Why without Reflux?
12-24-13, 12:56 PM   #3
bonytony
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Do you have BugSack running, or at least "Display Lua Errors" checked under Interface Options > Help? If you're seeing a huge drop in FPS when you enter combat, that usually means there are errors occurring. However, the game does not display errors by default.

Why without Reflux?
Ill check for errors because a few of the addons are out of date but not by much.

And without reflux just because id like a bar similar to RealUI and id want the profile buttons to switch on tht bar instead of using macros.......unless im completely confused and dont realize thats how nib does it with his layout changer.
12-24-13, 06:16 PM   #4
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

There are some things:
1. You coud remove the 100% text from recount so it only shows dps/dmg done and more of the name
2. Only 5 lines of chat? You are on a very low pop server and have no friends that write long texts with more lines to you? I don't know how you planned it but if it shows everything - loot guild wisper petbttel - it will spam very much. you can use MiniLoot to reduce the spam. Or think about if the chat is such an important thing to you in combat that you want it in the middel of your screen...

3. For the Quest thing maybe use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hFrameAdv.html

4.... Whats with that blue bars left and right? Is that HP and Runepower? Where is the Runecooldown timer?

5. I woud not advise to make a toggel layout that changes for everything. I think everyone wants the things always to be at the same possitions so that you later don't have to think about where they were - if they change very time its hard to remember. Your job as UI designer is to make one layout that works good in every situation.

Last edited by Tonyleila : 12-24-13 at 06:28 PM.
12-24-13, 11:29 PM   #5
bonytony
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Tonyleila View Post
There are some things:
1. You coud remove the 100% text from recount so it only shows dps/dmg done and more of the name
2. Only 5 lines of chat? You are on a very low pop server and have no friends that write long texts with more lines to you? I don't know how you planned it but if it shows everything - loot guild wisper petbttel - it will spam very much. you can use MiniLoot to reduce the spam. Or think about if the chat is such an important thing to you in combat that you want it in the middel of your screen...

3. For the Quest thing maybe use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...hFrameAdv.html

4.... Whats with that blue bars left and right? Is that HP and Runepower? Where is the Runecooldown timer?

5. I woud not advise to make a toggel layout that changes for everything. I think everyone wants the things always to be at the same possitions so that you later don't have to think about where they were - if they change very time its hard to remember. Your job as UI designer is to make one layout that works good in every situation.

All fair points, I'm pretty new to this so I'm mainly experimenting with the idea. I'd just like to have a layout similar to SnailUI where almost everything is in a small hub at the bottom that doesnt extend to the ends of the screen.

1. Great Idea, actually Ill do that as soon as I log in.

2. Ive realized this the more I played around with it. While it looks cool to me and I wouldnt mind personally, It would be much more practical to have that space used for a better purpose and just moving chat to the side and have it fade on combat.

3. Actually added that in shortly after posting this!

4. Yes those are the health bar and power bars, not too sure i like them there, Might even put them in place of the chat to see if i like then there. Errr I havent picked a Rune CD timer i prefer yet, wanna get something clean and simple but not too space consuming.

5. You're definitely right about that layouts, but i would still prefer about 3 different options for Heals, Tank/DPS, and lvling/social mostly because Ill be making layouts for these 3 just for personal preference, and giving that option doesnt seem so bad, plus theyll all be versatile and usable in most situations. But I definitely agree that the amount i listed earlier was too much. Like i said very new to this.

I appreciate the feedback and I now realize that it was a bit impractical to just think aesthetically. Ill adjust it a bit and try and smooth out the way it runs this week/weekend (probablytry and learn to use oUF as well) and post the updates!
12-25-13, 10:34 AM   #6
Mirrikh
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I would've said try using WeakAuras for tracking runes, since you can customize it to no end, but with your odd situation of lag, i don't know how well that would roll over. My 2nd/3rd options would be:

1: DocsDebugRunes: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ebugRunes.html

or

2: RuneHUD: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...0-RuneHUD.html
12-25-13, 12:19 PM   #7
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
(...)Errr I havent picked a Rune CD timer i prefer yet, wanna get something clean and simple but not too space consuming.
I'm finding Nibelheims nibRunes to be irreplaceable

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » What I'm working on