05-29-14, 02:22 PM   #1
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
Cool Carbonite not working in WoW

I have been away from wow for over a year. When I came back I got a new laptop with good graphics so I can game with it (NVidia 745m, 8 gig ram). I had to install wow, curse, carbonite (found out it was added to the curse list) Still had the basic wow map (carbonite is out of date). When I went to the carbonite site it IS the latest version. So I removed it from the wow interface addon folder. and decided to install it myself and physically put it in the wow interface addon folder. still nothing. Wow still says it is out of date.

So I unchecked the boxes and restarted wow then re-checked the boxes. Still says out of date, when I go into wow still have the basic wow map. This was all about two months ago. Between then and now I have tried it many different ways. Still nothing. I hate the wow map. Please someone help me with my problem. I love the carbonite map and miss it dearly.

05-29-14, 03:45 PM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Did you try...

In Curse you have to set Carbonite to update from the alpha/beta version. This is done by right clicking it and selecting release version. Please excuse my poor navigation skills as I do not use Curse often.

For manually installing you can find it here Carboite Beta.

05-29-14, 08:01 PM   #3
lilfear1
A Murloc Raider
Thank you the beta version worked. I manually installed it. Wonder why this isn't more noticeable. Either way I'm super stoked thanks again.

06-01-14, 08:54 PM   #4
Elloco
A Defias Bandit
Addon website confusion

When I google Carbonite Addon (my usual method) it comes up as http://www.carboniteaddon.com/which would have me install "Version 5.041 is now available (Sep 10)". Of coarse that's old, but it looks like the latest for those who don't go to the right place. Makes it look abandoned and it won't work.

This site would have me install 5.1.6 which is the release, and the one I use,
or the latest beta 5.4.2 Alpha 5.
Is the beta generally more stable?

06-01-14, 11:12 PM   #5
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yes, the Beta at this time is more stable and up to date. Thanks to the mighty powers of Rythal at the helm who has taken it up in their spare time.

As for that old website, that is from the creators of Carbonite from long before they released the code to the public.

06-02-14, 01:43 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

By the way, you can also get the BETA on the Curse.com site - CurseForge.com.

Carbonite BETA

Keep in mind that if you have a gathering profession you must download and install the "GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition".

Curse.com GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition

WoWInterface.com GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition

There is no need to install "GatherMate2" though. Rythal (the maintainer of Carbonite) has made a change to the data format, and it just won't work with "GatherMate2" any more. Don't forget to check your gathering profession in the Blizzard gathering facility.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

06-02-14, 08:21 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
No changes to the data format, the only 2 changes between the live release of Gathermate2_data and carbonite edition is the removal of the dependency in the .toc file for gathermate2, and the gathermate2.lua file which normally tells gathermate how to deal with the imports.

In fact if someone is using gathermate2, they can do the imports the same way but that makes it kind of redundant.

06-03-14, 05:43 AM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

My bad.

I'm sorry for the misinformation, but I could have sworn that Rythal posted something about a change in the format for the data when he posted "GatherMate2_Data - Carbonite Edition".

Oh well. I guess my signature is coming true.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite not working in WoW