09-21-08, 12:33 AM   #1
erichcs
A Defias Bandit

Post Need Help with Quest Helper

I would like someone to please tell me exactly what more I need to do to add quest helper to the wow>interface.addons folder?

I have downloaded the mod to my desk top and placed it in the created folder my mods, then extracted the quest helper files within that folder, minimized those widows, went to and opened the wow folder from its directory, went to interface, and addons and the instructions I got from www.curse.com then said to look for the folder named addonname within all of the downloaded questhelper files right?

I did not see that file name listed so now I do not know what to do or which files to click on and move over to the wow addons folder? I would like for someone to please tell me exactly what to do next step by step instructions?

Last edited by erichcs : 09-21-08 at 01:06 PM.
09-21-08, 01:43 AM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your folders should look something like this

Worldofwarcraft\interface\addons\quest helper

If you dont see that set up then your files are in the wrong place. When you extract your files if they are packaged correctly they should automatically be in a folder named after the addon your installing.

In this case Quest Helper.

Look in this folder for the files. You should see one called a .toc file.

If thats the case, just move the folder in to the addons folder so your file path is like above. When you log in you should see an addons button in the lower left hand corner of the character select screen. Click it, make sure your mod is there. Then log in and have fun =)

If your still having issues i would direct my searches to the following link:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

The 3 stickies up top should answer any additional questions.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
09-21-08, 12:59 PM   #3
erichcs
A Defias Bandit

Post help with quest helper

I did that and after I logged in and I did not see a addons button in the lower left hand corner of the character screen and would like for someone to please tell me what I need to do next to make this work?
09-21-08, 02:46 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If you do not see an AddOns button, then your addon is either not installed correctly, you have multiple copies of WoW installed on your computer (you're adding the addon to one copy, but playing off another), or you're using Vista and aren't running WoW as an administrator. All three of these points are addressed in those three stickies.

Please look through them again, take a look at the screenshots in the site's FAQ, and follow the video tutorial. Look for folder-in-folder syndrome (which is described in the stickies and the FAQ). If you still have issues, please post the path to the QuestHelper.toc file that MidgetMage55 mentioned.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-21-08, 03:23 PM   #5
tinyu
A Molten Giant

ok real simple.

download quest helper
open up the .zip
copy the questhelper folder
goto into C Drive
goto Program Files
goto World of Warcraft
goto Interface
goto Addons
paste the questhelper folder here

in the bottom left side of the screen you should see a button called AddOns, if not then you have either installed the mod wrong or you have World of Wacraft insalled in a different folder.

to check that you have copied questhelp into the correct folder do this...

goto your Desktop
right-click on the Launcher Icon
click properties

...in the menu look in the section called "Start in:" that where you installed wow to.

go back to the "copy questhelper" part and try again.

if you still cannot get it to work then your probably shouldnt use any mods.
09-21-08, 03:29 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
if you still cannot get it to work then your probably shouldnt use any mods.
Now that's not true. Be nice.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-21-08, 03:35 PM   #7
tinyu
A Molten Giant

lol that was nice.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need Help with Quest Helper