06-24-10, 07:53 PM   #81
jkermitriley
A Kobold Labourer
Lol, I don't know if anyone posted this or not yet, but if you do the CTRL-H, this is the replace function, you can put in the ChatFrameEditBox, in the first box, then in the second box ChatFrame1EditBox. This will actually do all the work for you, save like 4:45 minutes .

06-24-10, 08:30 PM   #82
frogster
A Defias Bandit
i change all chatframeedit ref to chatframe1editbox thats seems to have worked ok thanks

06-24-10, 10:55 PM   #83
tech3241
A Kobold Labourer
Worked

Confirmed it works. Thank you so much. I really can't play without it.

06-24-10, 11:14 PM   #84
TheKillerJoke
A Kobold Labourer
Here,

http://www.ultimatewowguide.com/blog...tch-3-3-5-fix/

Quick and simple.

06-25-10, 11:30 AM   #85
coolthurder
A Kobold Labourer
hey just a question i got the chat box thing fix so there no errors. I just want to know if ya have figure out how to fix the drop in framerate that it calls. i have 20-26 framerate in dal with carb. turn off with it on it only like 5-10 framerate not a big problem but in icc could be really bad. also with me lvling could be bad on a pvp server. just asking. no rush or anything thank in advince and place let me know.

06-25-10, 12:27 PM   #86
mrberry
Premium Member
Premium Member
for those that are having edit problems here is the file with the edits done and not currupted after save.

just unzip this file and replace the one in...

C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
Attached Files
File Type: zip Carbonite.zip (797.5 KB, 887 views)

06-25-10, 03:43 PM   #87
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm looking into this right now.

06-25-10, 04:12 PM   #88
coolshadow5
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by mrberry View Post
for those that are having edit problems here is the file with the edits done and not currupted after save.

Thanks for this post, i tried to search for the chat frame in the LUA but had no luck on finding it. Everything is working good so far so thanks for the file

*edit* unable to link quests with that fix but can still track quests

Last edited by coolshadow5 : 06-25-10 at 07:36 PM.

06-25-10, 04:39 PM   #89
awol2870
A Kobold Labourer

Lua Error with carbonite 3.33

Okay, i dont mean to come off as an idiot/noob. but i'm using carbonite 3.33 and all of a sudden im coming up with a massive lua error. ive read through the thread and tried to find where the carbonite.lua file is, and im not seeing it. tried re-installing the whole addon and still came up with nothing. this is a really great addon and im finding it really hard to play without this addon. if someone could contact me on aim (awol2870) or something and help me sort this out i would really appreciate it.

also, where is everybody getting 3.3.5?

06-25-10, 04:46 PM   #90
Whist34
A Murloc Raider
3.3.5 is the current WoW patch.

As for finding the Carbonite.lua file... if you have the game installed somewhere else besides the default install directory then you may need to look in another directory.

You can always have Windows or MacOS do a search for the file and find it on your system.

06-25-10, 04:52 PM   #91
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

3.3.5 is the latest WoW patch. It has nothing to do with the version of Carb.

The Carbonite lua file should be in your Users>Games>World of Warcraft>Interface>Addons>Caronite folder if you're using Windows. You'll need to open the file with any text editor.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn

06-25-10, 05:37 PM   #92
DK10016
A Kobold Labourer
Thanks guys, no more lag issues with Carbonite!

06-25-10, 05:44 PM   #93
vlaar1975
A Kobold Labourer
found a lua fix for 3.35

unzip the attatcment then copy the LUA file into the carbonite folder in youw wow addons folder.

hope this helps.

this is not a permanent fix put it will stop the lua errors
Attached Files
File Type: zip Carbonite_3.3.5_Dugi_Fix.zip (801.2 KB, 775 views)

06-25-10, 07:10 PM   #94
daisybuttercup
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by mrberry View Post

I tried everything suggested to no avail, but this worked, YAY! Thank you so much Mrberry and thank you Carbonite !! I am miserable without it! I used to pay for it, then went to making donations, but with the economy and the line of work I'm in, it's been tough lately. Unfortunately, I've sort of slacked off lately with full intentions of making it up when the housing industry picks up.

This has been quite an eye opener and reminded me of the value of this addon. Wow is my only escape from the worry and stress at the end of the day and losing Carbonite made me not want to even log on. I will scrape up what I can and promptly make a donation to show my appreciation.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR SUCH A WONDERFUL ADDON !!

06-25-10, 07:25 PM   #95
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think I have all places in the code fixed and tested that used ChatFrameEditBox. It was not as simple as putting a 1 in the name, since there can be 10 edit boxes now, one for each chat window and the active box no longer hides. I'll get Carb 3.34 released tonight after some general testing to see if any other major problems exist.

06-25-10, 08:19 PM   #96
Scrix
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I think I have all places in the code fixed and tested that used ChatFrameEditBox. It was not as simple as putting a 1 in the name, since there can be 10 edit boxes now, one for each chat window and the active box no longer hides. I'll get Carb 3.34 released tonight after some general testing to see if any other major problems exist.
Thank You!

06-25-10, 08:34 PM   #97
tamartarken
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
<happy dance ensues>

06-25-10, 08:35 PM   #98
andrew101
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by blackwolf545 View Post
I tried the mass replace (Backing up the file first) and it broke carbonite completely, so I restored the backup and it was still broke so I'm at a loss o_O

Guess I'll wait for the real update
that happend to me so i replaced all the ChatFrameEditBox to ChatFrame1EditBox but by hand so used find ......and then deleted them one by one and put in ChatFrame1EditBox my self and it works fine now

06-25-10, 08:50 PM   #99
sirsparksalot
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite issues

I have tried to change chatframeeditbox to CHATFRAME1EDITBOX on all instances. but I still get the never ending error message. What am I doing wrong??? Can someone please point me it the right direction?

Thank You!

06-25-10, 08:59 PM   #100
sirsparksalot
A Defias Bandit
It Worked!!!!!!

I did the swap LUA files from MRBERRY and it worked Thank you SOOOOOO Much!!!!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » LUA errors, Patch 3.3.5