04-20-09, 09:35 AM   #1
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hlep! AddOn author looking for new EU server

Hey all, I'm posting here and on the EU interface forums because I'm looking for a new home in Azeroth. When I moved to the UK and rolled on the EU servers, I ended up on Ravencrest due to a number of friends who were there. There was a pretty bad period where it was virtually unplayable and during that time my partner and I took advantage of a free transfer.

Unfortunately we ended up on a much worse server with a ridiculous imbalance and population problem. As a result, I'm level 73 and leveling up slowly but we have no one to group with.

We're a 73 Resto/Balance Druid and a 72 Enhancement Shaman looking for a server that has an active enough Alliance, but not terrible queue times. We'll be doing PvP when we hit 80 so I'd like to make sure the queues aren't too bad and the battlegroup isn't massively competitive.

We have a limited amount of time to play, but we like to play and enjoy grouping with other people for instances. If anyone can suggest a server/guild so we can consider it, I'd greatly appreciate the input.

Cladhaire
Author of Clique, PerfectRaid, TomTom, LightHeaded, NinjaPanel and DressToKill
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-20-09, 09:39 AM   #2
Ackis
A Cliff Giant

More time fixing TomTom, less time playing kk?
04-20-09, 09:39 AM   #3
FISKER_Q
ON A BOAT
Ravencrest, i need to give you an incentive to improve upon your addons (Read: Protection money)
04-20-09, 09:45 AM   #4
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Ackis View Post
More time fixing TomTom, less time playing kk?
Can't fix what's not broken =)
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
04-20-09, 11:39 AM   #5
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Argent Dawn is a nice friendly server, although it may or may not be full at the moment. Has a pretty active raiding community too, if you're into that sort of thing. It's pretty rare for me to encounter queues on it, too. It is, however, an RP server, with everything that entails...
04-20-09, 12:08 PM   #6
Ravendwyr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Azjol-Nerub, Draenor and Silvermoon seem pretty friendly. They are PvE realms.

Just avoid Blade's Edge. I hated that realm.

*Ethan gets bombarded by hate mail*

Other than that, I can't really say and I've never been on (and have no intention of being on) PvP, RP-PvP or RP realms.
04-20-09, 01:13 PM   #7
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Ethan Centaurai View Post
Azjol-Nerub, Draenor and Silvermoon seem pretty friendly. They are PvE realms.

Just avoid Blade's Edge. I hated that realm.

*Ethan gets bombarded by hate mail*

Other than that, I can't really say and I've never been on (and have no intention of being on) PvP, RP-PvP or RP realms.
A-N is a first "flight" server (aka one of the originals). I used to play on it, however it had issues with stability. However it may have been fixed in the meantime.

I normally play on Bronzebeard. The Alliance is quite active however you will not see many Hordies. The Reckoning battlegroup is quite active as well, I never had to wait long for BG queues or Arenas.
04-20-09, 02:14 PM   #8
sensory
A Fallenroot Satyr

Avoid Aerie Peak, too.
04-20-09, 02:19 PM   #9
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Shattered Hand ( PvP) , old realm 50/50 ally horde ratio.
Stable server..

Alot of swedish player, but no problems in groups and there are a majority of english speaking guilds.
Ok Pve progress , both allys and horde side and some ok PvP guilds.
04-20-09, 04:05 PM   #10
Ackis
A Cliff Giant

BTW Clad let me know how this goes.

I'm a holy priest and gf is a boomkin/resto druid on US servers looking for something as well. :P I might steal your idea (and host it on wowmatrix of course).
04-20-09, 05:22 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You are so full of troll tonight, Ackis.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-21-09, 05:50 AM   #12
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I think it really depends on what faction you play and what your favorite thing is, PvE or PvP.

If you are alliance and PvE is your thing, Silvermoon(PvE realm) is a good choice.
Its only a medium populated, but the alliance people there are very active. I have a level 62 character and there is a lot of dungeon activity.
Has a rather small horde player base.

If you are horde and PvE is what you want, I'd suggest Magtheridon(PvP realm). I'll probably get a lot of flak for saying that, but I think its true.
It is a PvP realm, but the horde has like 93% of the player base, so it pretty much feels like a PvE realm.
I have an old horde character, but haven't played it since WotLK released, so it might have changed, but doubt it.
If you play alliance, then you'll have your work cut out.
You'll have to listen to a lot of Ensidia fan talk there thou.

If you like fair numbers and want the occasional world PvP, with a sidedish of PvE, then Stormscale(PvP realm) is a great server.
I believe it has a good even number of horde and alliance players and it is a very active server.
The horde players seems to be a bit more aggressive when it comes to ganking people. I play alliance there, so might be a bit biased.
04-21-09, 09:19 AM   #13
Ackis
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
You are so full of troll tonight, Ackis.
Level 80 troll priest to be precise!
04-21-09, 09:28 AM   #14
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Silvermoon PvE, loads of alliance and it's in the Cyclone battlegroup which is the most active one by far.

And, since you're my favorite mod author (Yes, that's right, eat it you others! ) i'll hand you over the 200g gold (That's a lot you know!) my level 56 holds on that server.
04-21-09, 09:32 AM   #15
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
lolo, I'll keep that in mind =)
04-21-09, 09:45 AM   #16
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Cladhaire View Post
lolo, I'll keep that in mind =)
BETARR!!1
No really, about any realm in the Cyclone battlegroup is great for arenas, but if you're Alliance you might want to rethink about doing BattleGrounds in that battlegroup.

The one realm i suggest you not to go to as alliance is Magtheridon, but that's it.
04-21-09, 09:51 AM   #17
noble8
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by Darxon View Post
Shattered Hand ( PvP) , old realm 50/50 ally horde ratio.
Stable server..

Alot of swedish player, but no problems in groups and there are a majority of english speaking guilds.
Ok Pve progress , both allys and horde side and some ok PvP guilds.
Can confirm this, very nice server =)
04-21-09, 04:20 PM   #18
MoonWitch
A Firelord
I play on Earthen Ring, it's an RP realm, kinda dumb, but not too much lag People are ok and all. Oh and I play there!

(I do play Alliance though)

Bronze Dragonflight is my Horde server
04-21-09, 04:45 PM   #19
Shiven
A Defias Bandit
one to avoid

Avoid Hakkar like the plague unless your fluent in italian

ive personally tested vek'nilash (not too bad, havent tested the balance but seems to be towards alliance)

currently play on Turalyon (definately aliance controlled)

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Hlep! AddOn author looking for new EU server