10-05-10, 12:51 PM   #1
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

HELP! Mouse Highlight Problem!

Hello, I am having a problem with my highlight on Windows 7. Normally, when you highlight things in Windows Vista/7, the area that is highlighted is blue and transparent.

Recently, I logged on today and I noticed that when I highlight on the desktop, it is just like in Windows XP with the dotted lines, and I was wondering how to fix that...

Here is a picture of what my situation looks like now.(This is on my AW computer)

Here is the picture showing how the highlight should look like on 7/vista.(This is on my HP Computer)

I have called Dell support and they are unable to assist my alienware computer. I'd really like to fix this as soon as possible, as it is extremely annoying. I have also system restored my computer to an earlier date, however that did nothing and my problem was still there.

Here are my Operating System Specs:
Alienware m11x R2: Windows 7 Home Premium
HP Pavillion dv9700: Windows Vista Home Premium

I also asked on TechSupport forum, however I have not receieved any information yet...

Pics:

10-05-10, 01:27 PM   #2
brotherhobbes
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Verify that this setting is checked.

Start -> right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties"
On the left hand side select "Advanced system settings"
Under the Advanced tab, select the button in the Performance section labeled "Settings"
Under the Visual Effects tab, verify that "Show translucent selection rectangle" is checked. If not, check it.
Press the "OK" button.

Done.

edit: after I posted this, I Google searched for selection rectangle and found an article with pictures describing what I posted. So if you need help finding what I'm talking about -> http://malektips.com/windows-7-deskt...rectangle.html

Last edited by brotherhobbes : 10-05-10 at 01:30 PM. Reason: added link
10-05-10, 06:17 PM   #3
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thank you! Now I know what to do if anything happens I wish I could make it green or a different color now... lol

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Tech Chat » HELP! Mouse Highlight Problem!