06-02-10, 06:40 PM   #1
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Unhappy Re-set Flight Times?

I have a level 62 Death Knight, and whenever I want to leave the Eben Hold by Flight Master, I get some pretty weird times. Like "Time to Light Hope Chapel" is 14 minutes. That's the lowest flight time I get. Some tell me that "One or more flight legs must be timed". So, is there any way to re-set the flight times?
06-02-10, 07:01 PM   #2
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
What addon are you using for a flight timer?
06-02-10, 08:19 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not using one. I see that when I use a Flight Master and mouse over a flight point.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-02-10 at 08:27 PM.
06-02-10, 08:29 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Some addon is providing that info, because it's not in the stock UI.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-02-10, 10:00 PM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Several addons do that - heck, I think Bejeweled and Peggle both do, as odd as that sounds.
06-03-10, 08:40 AM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ahhhh .... Now we're getting somewhere. I have Bejeweled installed, but don't use the option to show the flight times in the tool tips. Of course, it's an "AddOn", so just because you have an option checked (or unchecked, as the case may be) doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work that way.

This actually wouldn't bother me, except the flight time in the original post is the actual time the flight takes me. That's why I would like to reset the flight times. The flight takes me around half of the Eastern Kingdoms just to get to "Lights Hope Chapel", or just about anywhere else from that flight master.

I'm going to try disabling Bejeweled and see what happens. Thanks all, I appreciate the help. I've started pulling out what hair I have left.
06-03-10, 11:58 AM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

The actual flight paths are hard-coded into the client - addons can't change them or modify them. All they've done is measure the actual times of the flights and recorded them.
06-03-10, 12:05 PM   #8
Cidrei
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
This actually wouldn't bother me, except the flight time in the original post is the actual time the flight takes me. That's why I would like to reset the flight times. The flight takes me around half of the Eastern Kingdoms just to get to "Lights Hope Chapel", or just about anywhere else from that flight master.
You may want to make sure you have all the connecting flights in between as well. Sometimes missing a point in the middle will cause the game to fly you on a path that still technically gets you there, but takes significantly longer than if you just went straight.
06-03-10, 12:51 PM   #9
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Cidrei View Post
You may want to make sure you have all the connecting flights in between as well. Sometimes missing a point in the middle will cause the game to fly you on a path that still technically gets you there, but takes significantly longer than if you just went straight.
I call this the "But... But... It's right over THERE!" syndrome. I ran into this for the first time right after WotLK came out. I went to both Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord via ship, but couldn't fly between them because of the whole connecting flight path deal.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-03-10, 11:50 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Cidrei View Post
Well, the character is a Death Knight. That means, as far as I can tell, that I have all of the flight points in Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. Right from the "get-go", as it were, but I still have to pick up the flight points in Northrend and Outland just like everyone else.

I disabled Bejeweled on this character, and that was what was interfering with my flights. Flew directly from the Badlands to the Ebon Hold and it took around five minutes. I trained, and flew from there to Silvermoon City to train a profession and the flight time was slightly less than five minutes, so I think I can safely say that Bejeweled was the culprit. DARN IT ALL, anyway! I'm a Bejeweled- aholic, and I'm gonna miss playing it on long flights. I mean, I have it on WoW, I have it on my computer as a regular installed game, I have it on my Xbox 360, and I even have it on my cell phone. If there was a BAA, I think I'd have to join.

Anyway, thanks for all the help, and the "heads up" on Bejeweled.

Edit: Ok, I have to apologize here. I said I have all the flight points from the "get-go", but I just remembered that I picked up the flight point at the Bullwark in Tirisfall Glades a little bit ago. That one, at least, must be a new one. I was there with another character before 3.3 hit, and I don't remember seeing a flight master there.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 06-04-10 at 12:02 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Re-set Flight Times?