01-15-19, 12:08 PM   #1
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
How to tell if player is unable to move

I would like to know whether "player" is rooted and I could look for the appropriate debuff but there are so many of them that ave same effect. Is there an API function that could tell me?
01-15-19, 02:16 PM   #2
wardz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If it's only for yourself, you can probably use C_LossOfControl.GetEventInfo

See here for reference.
01-15-19, 02:36 PM   #3
jlam
A Fallenroot Satyr
You can look in FrameXML/LossOfControlFrame.lua for examples of how the C_LossOfControl system is meant to be used. However, not every debuff that causes a Loss Of Control event is caught by the C_LossOfControl system, so you'll still need either some database to catch those debuffs or else scan tooltips for "[Rr]ooted".
01-16-19, 03:25 AM   #4
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I think it is academic now, the reason I was interested is because my DH could not move due to a spider's "Vile Webbing" I think the debuff was...

Is there a way to acquire a loss of control debuff for testing purposes? Play with a Rogue and ask them to stun you or with a druid and ask them to root you perhaps?
01-16-19, 08:43 AM   #5
liquidbase
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Originally Posted by doofus View Post
I think it is academic now, the reason I was interested is because my DH could not move due to a spider's "Vile Webbing" I think the debuff was...

Is there a way to acquire a loss of control debuff for testing purposes? Play with a Rogue and ask them to stun you or with a druid and ask them to root you perhaps?
Test this with a mob that has the ability. Just be careful not to kill them.
Testing it with another player only makes sense if you query several roots / stuns.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » How to tell if player is unable to move