09-12-10, 05:47 AM   #1
Steel-Blade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thumbs down A Cellular or WIM like addon?

Hey guys, i am looking for a whisper addon that does what cellular or WIM does, keep the whispers on there own windows.

Am currently having problem with both of those addons so i cant use them.

If anyone can recomment me some similar addons it would be great.

Regards
09-12-10, 09:16 AM   #2
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Doesn't the default UI do this now?

Rightclick the whisperer, select "Move to whisper window"
09-12-10, 11:13 AM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What problems do you have with these addons?
Did you try to report your problems to the addons authors for a possible fix?
09-12-10, 11:29 AM   #4
xanthial
A Defias Bandit
wim

i currently use WIM and have not had any problems just installed it yesterday but i have used it for as long as i can remember
09-12-10, 06:02 PM   #5
Steel-Blade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by break19 View Post
Doesn't the default UI do this now?

Rightclick the whisperer, select "Move to whisper window"
well yea but that sucks compare to Cellular. Its simply not conviniend at all...
09-12-10, 06:14 PM   #6
Steel-Blade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
What problems do you have with these addons?
Did you try to report your problems to the addons authors for a possible fix?
Cellular crashes the game when u try to log out. It also locks ur keyboard right after you send a message. This can be fixed by clicking the map icon on ur minimap but is to annoying to dot it all the time.

Originally Posted by xanthial View Post
i currently use WIM and have not had any problems just installed it yesterday but i have used it for as long as i can remember
It seems it has compatibility with Prat. Also some times incoming whispers dont show up, you can hear that you have a whisper but no window is showing up.

I have checked the comments for cellular and it seems other people have the same problem. No reply yet from the author.
09-13-10, 10:59 AM   #7
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

With the default chat interface, you can make a new chat window, lets call it "Whisper", and set it to only "listen" for .... well .... whispers. You should then, of course, set the "General" chat to not "listen" for whispers.

I would imagine you can do the same thing with most, if not all, of the chat frame addons.
09-13-10, 01:18 PM   #8
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

the only time a wim window probably won't appear is in combat as well you don't want extra windows popping up in the middle of your screen. If in fact it is only in combat that this is happening that's how it is set to behave by default, if you wish to change this you can go into the wim options (/wim) and change it in there somewhere to show wim windows even in combat. As for me I use Prat and WIM without any hitches so I am not quite sure what your problem is, just taking a shot in the dark with you possibly being in combat when windows don't appear.

- Winston Churchill
09-13-10, 02:37 PM   #9
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
the only time a wim window probably won't appear is in combat as well you don't want extra windows popping up in the middle of your screen. If in fact it is only in combat that this is happening that's how it is set to behave by default, if you wish to change this you can go into the wim options (/wim) and change it in there somewhere to show wim windows even in combat. As for me I use Prat and WIM without any hitches so I am not quite sure what your problem is, just taking a shot in the dark with you possibly being in combat when windows don't appear.
I can confirm Prat and WIM play very nicely together. And As Miralen said whispers will not show up while in combat. Well they do for me in the general frame. So I can still see the pst without the Popup window.

The only thing I have not figured out how to do is skin my WIM with Skinner, If I could get that my UI would be done.
09-13-10, 05:40 PM   #10
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Steel-Blade View Post
It seems it has compatibility with Prat. Also some times incoming whispers dont show up, you can hear that you have a whisper but no window is showing up.
I have a similar issue, but without using WIM. Generally, the second (and subsequent) whisper from a character (as opposed to a RealID whisper) makes a notification sound but does not appear in any chat window. Fortunately another addon, HeyFu (plugin for Fubar), catches the whisper anyway and I can watch it in the recent whispers log and reply to it as per normal. Personally, I believe it is a conflict between Prat and SpamMeNot, or possibly just SpamMeNot on its own.

If you're using SpamMeNot or an equivalent addon designed to block out whispers, try disabling it and see if that solves anything with whispers / WIM.
09-16-10, 12:49 PM   #11
Steel-Blade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
I have a similar issue, but without using WIM. Generally, the second (and subsequent) whisper from a character (as opposed to a RealID whisper) makes a notification sound but does not appear in any chat window. Fortunately another addon, HeyFu (plugin for Fubar), catches the whisper anyway and I can watch it in the recent whispers log and reply to it as per normal. Personally, I believe it is a conflict between Prat and SpamMeNot, or possibly just SpamMeNot on its own.

If you're using SpamMeNot or an equivalent addon designed to block out whispers, try disabling it and see if that solves anything with whispers / WIM.
I do use spammenot and it did cross my mind that it might be the issue, thanks for pointing that out, i ll try to test it.

Thanks.

Still no one recommended an addon that works like Cellular or WIM, i cant seem to find any.

Maybe there isnt any?
09-17-10, 03:52 AM   #12
sylvanaar
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Pazza and I have for years tried to make sure that WIM and Prat work well together. We have a great working relationship, and as a result have managed to maintain compatibility between the 2 addons even after both of us rewrote our addons for Wrath.

If you are looking for a whisper addon, and a chat addon. I recommend WIM+Prat.
10-13-10, 04:49 PM   #13
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

I'm in the same boat myself - that is, looking for a tabbed conversation (whisper) manager such as Cellular which is now causing constant crashing with 4.0's release.
I realize I am bumping an old post, but this thread basically covers everything - just updated with the request that it work with WoW 4.0 without causing crashes.

I realize you mention WIM, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since July or so.

-T.
10-14-10, 12:34 PM   #14
Steel-Blade
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Tepetkhet View Post
I'm in the same boat myself - that is, looking for a tabbed conversation (whisper) manager such as Cellular which is now causing constant crashing with 4.0's release.
I realize I am bumping an old post, but this thread basically covers everything - just updated with the request that it work with WoW 4.0 without causing crashes.

I realize you mention WIM, but it doesn't seem to have been updated since July or so.

-T.
Thanks for the bumb.

I am to still in the search for a wisp addon.
10-14-10, 02:09 PM   #15
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

WIM was just updated, so any problems you were having should be fixed.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."
10-15-10, 09:18 PM   #16
Tepetkhet
Premium Member

So I see.
I have WIM up and running now. I don't like the way it displays things, but I do like the fact that it's not crashing me. heh.

Thanks,
-T.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » A Cellular or WIM like addon?