03-15-05, 06:03 AM   #1
Stanz
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
New Loot Style

Ok, now WoW has many loot methods.. But particulary for Instance runs I find them not helpfull enough.

For instance runs I have been so far doing the following because it works extremely well and in the end everyone is as happy as they can be.

When a roll pops up people say "need" or "nn" (not need) and whoever says "need" rolls on the item while the rest pass. If all say "nn" then it is obviously an item to sell/trade and everyone can roll.

There are drawbacks to this though...
Firstly it gets hard to understand if theres more then one drop.
Secondly you have to work out if you actually need it or not...
etc etc.

It'd be really damn nice to see a modified loot method that implements this into the UI and makes it much easier to control and possibly either work out if the item is very beneficial to you over the item you already have (presuming its an inventory drop).
03-15-05, 08:07 AM   #2
Remelio

Personally I'd be happy with it offering an additional roll if everyone passes, although in my experence, if 4 people pass, the fifth one winds up rolling.
08-05-05, 08:00 AM   #3
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

On my server, Garona, we use "N" and "G", for Need or Greed. Five Greeds means everyone rolls, but if we have a Need come up (which is only valid if you are using it yourself - collecting stuff for alternate characters is a G), then either they get it or they roll against any other Ns in the group. Some players are too stupid or greedy (or both) to follow this system, but you generally just refuse to group with them again, and let their guildmaster know about the behavior. Either they get with the program or they'll eventually have no friends.

Don't be hasty to get judgemental though. Mistakes can happen in combat, and things can be misinterpreted... I once rolled on an item that was G to me, because someone said "G hammer n gloves", and I took the "n" to be shorthand for "and" because people are always speaking that sort of gibberish with "u" and "ur" and "ne1". Anyway, I apologized and voluntarily passed on everything from the next couple bosses. The real thief types generally just quit the group and hearthstone out.

Now if I could just move the Roll/Pass windows a bit without having to use something as big as MoveAnything...
08-05-05, 10:28 AM   #4
guice
A Cobalt Mageweaver
On Lightbringer, it's mostly 'N' or 'V'. However, latetly (hight level runs) it's just been "Roll on ALL BoE items--if somebody needs something, send a tell to the winner". That's mostly cause 99% of greens that drops aren't an upgrade for anybody on the raid/ingroup.

On BoP items, people roll/pass where they *need*. If everybody passes, a /rand is done and we move on.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » New Loot Style