02-17-23, 04:57 PM   #1
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ZpiX View Post
So I could just replace the API’s and the addon will work on the old client?
As an official Blizzard community site, discussion involving private servers is prohibited.

Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
4. Don't break WoW EULA or ToU. If you come here and post that you are selling your WoW account for real world money, offering or asking for power-levelling, in-game items or gold for real life cash, private servers or any other post that breaks WoW EULA or ToU, your post will be deleted and you will (at minimum) warned not to do it again. Repeated offenses will lead to banning from the site.
-Holy Site Rules of WoWInterface

Last edited by SDPhantom : 02-17-23 at 05:00 PM.
02-18-23, 09:45 AM   #2
ZpiX
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
As an official Blizzard community site, discussion involving private servers is prohibited.
Iam more interested in understanding the change that have been made, not talk about private servers (:

I havn’t played since Cata, now I just started a trial account, so I could get back to Lua (Don’t really play anymore)

Edit:
So what have changed since Cata? now we have Retail and Classic and I keep reading "Old client and New client"

"It's updated for patch 3.4.1 now, classic wrath now has to use both the new and old codebase."

What is this New and Old?

I thought that the Classic games were made on the same "updated code" as retail and just "adjusted" around it?

But I can see that Retail and Classic is not the same and the different Classic versions is also different?

Iam really confused and trying to figure it all out

New edit:
Found this: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/API_change_summaries
I will start reading, just didn't find a summary before (:

Last edited by ZpiX : 02-20-23 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Added better question

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Help/Support » Wrath Classic has Large UI Changes ?