09-16-13, 11:37 AM   #1
Ragmaniac
A Murloc Raider
[5.1.6] POI icons scale improperly and resize in reverse.

When I right click Carbonite and select Scale> "POI icons at scale" is slid all the way to the left at 0.10 size.
When the bar is slid to the right, the icons get smaller and disappear.
The largest size is shown in this attached picture.
Map is in world view or maximized.
1. Shows POI for an instance and Inn.
2. Shows properly scaled icons only because they show in the minimap, other worldmap POI's in the minimap are also too small, you can barely make out the icon for a flightmaster.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture-20130916-121422.png
Views:	198
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	7825  

09-16-13, 03:29 PM   #2
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Ragmaniac View Post
When I right click Carbonite and select Scale> "POI icons at scale" is slid all the way to the left at 0.10 size.
When the bar is slid to the right, the icons get smaller and disappear.
The largest size is shown in this attached picture.
Map is in world view or maximized.
1. Shows POI for an instance and Inn.
2. Shows properly scaled icons only because they show in the minimap, other worldmap POI's in the minimap are also too small, you can barely make out the icon for a flightmaster.
I agree, even on in the Alpha 1 R1 version for which this forum is intended, the scale does appear to work backwards.

However, have you tried changing the scale of the "Icons"? This also seems to affect the size of poi icons.

10-07-13, 04:23 PM   #3
BossHawg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Save Map Scale doesnt save

5.4.x
save map scale
this is the 3rd choice listed on right click on the mini map
it does not work
i can zoom in or out and click to save map scale but when i move into any diff area it zooms out to some other level.
this has been broke since 5.3 i think, maybe 5.2

i finally just got too annoyed by it so here i am yelling ranting and still unhappy.

also when i 1st join in, the big carbonite logo that shows up at the top then zooms off to the upper right, states that i have version 5.6 something.
even after d/ling removing and adding in several times to be sure i did get the right one

10-07-13, 05:26 PM   #4
JWMcQuire
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by BossHawg View Post
5.4.x
save map scale
this is the 3rd choice listed on right click on the mini map
it does not work
i can zoom in or out and click to save map scale but when i move into any diff area it zooms out to some other level.
this has been broke since 5.3 i think, maybe 5.2

i finally just got too annoyed by it so here i am yelling ranting and still unhappy.

also when i 1st join in, the big carbonite logo that shows up at the top then zooms off to the upper right, states that i have version 5.6 something.
even after d/ling removing and adding in several times to be sure i did get the right one
You can disable the opening graphic by going to the "General" section of Carbonite's options menu and clear the box that says, "Show Login Graphic". It is the second choice.

As far as the map scale, I just double checked, and it looks like it is working for me, but the map is one of the features being worked on, so there will be some areas that still need worked out.

If you haven't done so yet, you can download the latest version here: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TAVERSION.html

I hope this helps.

10-07-13, 08:46 PM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
The ingame version states 5.1.6 because I didn't want it broadcasting a new version was available to every carbonite user, especially during the alpha's.

I guess the alternative would be to disable it saying what version it is in the global chats... but I know myself and i'll forget I did that when it's time to release :P

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » [5.1.6] POI icons scale improperly and resize in reverse.