02-20-10, 01:45 AM   #21
CrazyPyrex
A Kobold Labourer
A possible problem...

.. or maybe I just don't have the settings set correctly, but for some reason when I merge the mini-maps together and use the mining and herbalism node gathering options, the possible nodes and the flashing nodes don't properly overlap. They seem to be offset for some reason and it makes them hard to find. If I goto the possible spawn spot, the flashing (actual) spot is off some distance and if I goto the flashing spot.... well it's not as it should be... Can anyone tell me what I'm doin wrong and how to correct it?

02-23-10, 04:25 PM   #22
arkwellen
A Kobold Labourer
Gas Cloud Locations

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Vis, I can say after extensive testing that the radius for Blizzard's tracking system is 80 yards. No more, no less.

Fenix`, first you need to right click your map and deselect the Show Herbs and Show Mining Locations. Then, you open your Guide, select Gather, and pick one of the two, or both, outside of the Herbs and Minerals subsections. After that it's the same as before, right click the map and Route... Current Gather Locations. Please note that, due to lack of collected data as to where gas clouds and everfrost chips spawns, the database does not contain these locations (to my knowledge). Thus, it'll only route you through places where you have previously found gas clouds and/or everfrost chips.
I use Carbonite for everything but Gas Cloud locations, for that I use GatherMate Addon. I would prefer to continue to use Carbonite for a variety of reason, ease of use being one of them. Will there be any chance of adding that into the program to help track them?

04-01-10, 03:36 PM   #23
Maeby
An Aku'mai Servant
I love using the routing feature to farm herbs, but as I'm now working on the Insane title, I would love to use Carbonite to search for Blood of Heroes in the Plaguelands. I have a long list of cords for each of these spawn points. Is there a way to import these locations without using the point and click one-at-a-time favorites method?

People who use TomTom add the list to the .lua file, how do I do that with Carbonite?

05-28-10, 03:32 PM   #24
BossHawg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Unhappy Lost all nodes for minerals

unable to see any mining nodes and my own map location entries as of about 1wk ago.
went as far as reinstalling all of wow and carbonite to new folder, importing both herb and mining locations.
even picked up several ore but none ever appear on the map now.
i have to fly around and look for the flashing dots when near or by visual only now.
ideas on how to get it back?

05-28-10, 03:38 PM   #25
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Have you tried right clicking on the Carb map and choosing the "Show" option?

05-28-10, 06:36 PM   #26
BossHawg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
yes sire
but fig'd it out.. java was Fukd so i reinstalled and BAMM there they are.
had the latest version, guess something got whacked.

06-18-10, 10:55 AM   #27
Nobolo
A Defias Bandit

I, too, am interested in the idea of "Blood of Heroes" nodes mentioned by Maeby.
Could this be added to as an additional set of nodes, similar to mining and herbing?
Possibly even a third node set (called "questing"?) containing this plus any other such nodes that exist or may be created in future expansions.

Also another question. Are new nodes discovered by ourselves only added to our local copy of the database, or does the information get returned to carbonite to make the main database more extensive? If it is only local, is there any way we can share the new nodes with carbonite?

Last edited by Nobolo : 06-18-10 at 10:58 AM.

06-30-10, 02:50 AM   #28
Jigain
A Molten Giant

What I did was send in a file from my Carbonite SavedVariables to the authors, who then extracted the information from it to make the very first version of the herb and mining database.

Unfortunately, it was so long ago I don't remember which file it was or which email I sent it to, so that info will have to come from the authors themselves.

07-02-10, 12:07 PM   #29
liliggy7
A Kobold Labourer
Blood of Heroes

Is there a way to add Blood of Heroes spawn points from EPL and WPL? Would help a ton for the achievements I am hunting! If there is, where do I find out how to route them?

08-25-10, 05:07 PM   #30
aurora0809
A Murloc Raider
carbonite nodes

hey, excellent addon!!
I was wondering if you could add a feature to show the Netherwing Egg spawn locations? I would assume that it wouldnt be that different from the mining/herbing aspect but you know what they say when you assume :P
Thanks for the addon, its helped me a lot!

09-06-10, 06:23 PM   #31
marblemouth
A Kobold Labourer
Hope I'm posting this in the right place. I finally got Carbonite up and running... minerals are on my map, have a route to follow. The problem I'm having now is that when I get close to a node spawn point (yellow node) the node actually follows me on the map making it impossible for me to find it on the ground. I've noticed this is the same for quest givers and mail boxes. How do I get these objects to stay affixed to the map instead of following my toon? Thanks for any help you can offer.

09-07-10, 12:34 AM   #32
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Do you by any chance have Blizzard's minimap set to rotate around you, rather than being fixed?

10-15-10, 12:47 PM   #33
alabakercom
A Kobold Labourer
Removing line of arrows on the minimap/map

When using routing, I love the hud arrow. The line of arrows on the map usually shows some place off in the middle of nowhere if the distance to the next node is great. How do I simply remove the line of arrows so the map stays centered on me. I just want the HUD arrow with direction and distance.

Thanks.

10-17-10, 04:38 PM   #34
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by alabakercom View Post
When using routing, I love the hud arrow. The line of arrows on the map usually shows some place off in the middle of nowhere if the distance to the next node is great. How do I simply remove the line of arrows so the map stays centered on me. I just want the HUD arrow with direction and distance.

Thanks.
Right click a non icon area of Carb map, select Scale and make sure Auto Scale Min is set to .01.

You can also uncheck Auto Scale in the box on the top right corner of the map window.

10-29-10, 10:13 PM   #35
Palladia
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

How do I turn off routing?

I mean, say I've been farming mining nodes for a while and I want to stop and I don't want to see the little arrows anymore? How do I make them go away?

Last edited by Palladia : 10-29-10 at 10:18 PM.

10-30-10, 01:57 AM   #36
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Right click the map and select Clear Goto.

11-15-10, 06:00 AM   #37
steph91300
A Kobold Labourer
Wonderfull but...

What a perfect addon! I used the addon route before carbonite et carbonite routes is better than routes by far! Very easy and optimized. Just a thing un can suggest to add to a future released is to add the possibility to select the node you want to farm in your route. I've just found the skip command and for this it is really usefull but filter the node could be really great!
Thanks for all carbonite!!

11-15-10, 07:02 AM   #38
Jigain
A Molten Giant

How can I route only one or a few nodes? I only want some herbs or minerals.
That's fairly easy as well. You begin by deselecting both mining and herbalism locations in the Show... menu we talked about earlier. Then you click the Guide button on your Carbonite map, go to Gather, select if you want herbs or minerals, and then pick the one you're looking for. OBSERVE, you need to click on the icon, clicking the text won't work. If you look on your map, icons for that herb or mineral alone will pop up. You can hold the SHIFT button and click more icons if you want to include them.
((--Image yet to come--))

After that, you right click the map, select Route... and Current Gather Locations. Viola.
I really should get around to getting that screenshot some day... I keep forgetting it!

11-27-10, 11:11 AM   #39
Paprika
A Black Drake
Would it be possible to add a check on your current mining/herb-skills before creating a route? It's annoying if you follow the route and find ores you can't mine.

If i have a skill of 35, why should i bother with Tin Ore? If i have a skill of 95, how could i collect iron ore? It's not possible. So please let us choose the ores we would like set a route to and have a look at this one:
http://almostgaming.com/wowguides/wo...-300-with-maps

It shows which mining skill you need for which ore until you can mine the next one.

11-27-10, 12:32 PM   #40
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Paprika View Post
If i have a skill of 35, why should i bother with Tin Ore? If i have a skill of 95, how could i collect iron ore? It's not possible. So please let us choose the ores we would like set a route to
How can I route only one or a few nodes? I only want some herbs or minerals.
That's fairly easy as well. You begin by deselecting both mining and herbalism locations in the Show... menu we talked about earlier. Then you click the Guide button on your Carbonite map, go to Gather, select if you want herbs or minerals, and then pick the one you're looking for. OBSERVE, you need to click on the icon, clicking the text won't work. If you look on your map, icons for that herb or mineral alone will pop up. You can hold the SHIFT button and click more icons if you want to include them.
((--Image yet to come--))

After that, you right click the map, select Route... and Current Gather Locations. Viola.
There you go.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Nodes, Routing, and You