xD
I'm serious; I'm that amazing.

Good job Elloria.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
12-12-08, 09:59 PM   #22
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks guys! Im using Ag unit frames for this at the moment, but there are a few small things that i really want to do that ag just doesnt do yet. So i may have to switch back to discord until thats fixed. Still haven't touched raid frames i want to finish that by tonight
12-12-08, 10:10 PM   #23
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just curious, but what is it you're trying to do?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-12-08, 10:34 PM   #24
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Just curious, but what is it you're trying to do?
Well currently ag or ag pimpster dont have the option to change the direction in which the health and power bars deplete. I want the targets to deplete to the right and the player to deplete to the left. Currently they both deplete to the left. Also, i want more control over what texts i show and how they display. Currently you cannot change how the health shows. Well you can but only to either a 12.3k/12.3k or 100% health texts. The raid im still having issues with. im still kinda new to ag so i may have messed something up. Right now when im in a raid my frames arent showing. I disabled/deleted groups 5-8 because i dont need them. I just want to show groups 1-4. I can see the frames in config mode but not in a raid.
12-12-08, 10:46 PM   #25
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Just a minor note: I can understand you wanting to disable a few raid frames, but I think you'll want groups 1-5 rather than 1-4?

Most raids are either 10 or 25 man, so with only 4 groups shown you won't be able to display your full 25 man raid :]
12-12-08, 11:14 PM   #26
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Good point. Thanks for reminding me of that. ill make sure i atleast have 5
12-13-08, 05:55 AM   #27
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
That interface rocks =o but i don't like light looking interfaces, and definitely not modern looking ones. Smooth, simplistic but good lookin is what I'm searching for.

wolf
PUNT that gnome.
12-13-08, 04:22 PM   #28
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Lonehwolf View Post
PUNT that gnome.

(too short)
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-14-08, 08:02 AM   #29
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr

(too short)
*lends you a ladder*

Regarding the interface, I went with hipjipps, and I really like its design after trying it a little bit. The Crysis style Raid Icons and Trade professions are a killer.

Tweaked the chat height to twice the size, removed the Hpanel from going up when the chat expands and now I'm working to increase the bottom Panel a little bit so the white line at the edges can go over the chat box, making it look more solid.

Still trying to figure out what to tweak in Hpanel... the
Code:
self:setHeight(xx)
doesn't seem to work this time =/

Gonna keep working on it
12-14-08, 10:56 AM   #30
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

Still trying to figure out what to tweak in Hpanel... the
Code:
self:setHeight(xx)
doesn't seem to work this time =/

Gonna keep working on it
If you want the panel static, remove this from the code:
Code:
if not InCombatLockdown() then
 self:SetHeight(_G["ChatFrame1"]:GetHeight()+4)
end
and in the new()-function, add this:
Code:
self:SetHeight(xx)
and it will be static. if you have both code snippets in your HPanel.lua, the one in the OnUpdate function will override the other one. Hope i shed some light on it =)
12-14-08, 12:44 PM   #31
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
If your looking for something new and different ill be uploading this, this weekend actually. The art is NOT mine. However i did edit it to my liking. The original art is from deviant art. I will post all credits to them when i upload.
Woah.

I'm not usually a fan of -any- compilation (Prefer the do it yourself routine) but hot damn.. I'm -seriously- tempted to try that.

break19
12-14-08, 01:27 PM   #32
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
*lends you a ladder*
the "too short" was in regards to the 10 character minimum for posts. adding "too short" to it is what most people do to make it longer. Unless you were intentionally ignoring that point?

12-14-08, 01:41 PM   #33
ObbleYeah
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Shameless plug for my own one :P

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2-obbleUI.html
12-14-08, 04:56 PM   #34
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by WaldoJeffers View Post
I call these slick:

Ishtara UI

Lyn UI

And keep an eye on Wimpface UI The man's got moves

Edit: Unreleased, but
Led++ / Tiany's Cool, slick, smooth, smart pic and
Led++ / Tiany's Cool, slick, smooth, smart pic

Aye Ishtara got a real nice UI going on there.

Thanks for mentioning me btw, but my UI is an early alpha release atm so it's not a stable download
12-16-08, 02:13 AM   #35
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
the "too short" was in regards to the 10 character minimum for posts. ;> adding "too short" to it is what most people do to make it longer. Unless you were intentionally ignoring that point? :P
What do you think? :P

Originally Posted by ObbleYeah View Post
Noooo, my eyes hurt! Where are the x1337 action bar slots we all want? :<

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
Aye Ishtara got a real nice UI going on there. :>

Thanks for mentioning me btw, but my UI is an early alpha release atm so it's not a stable download :>
No excuses, lose your life and get it done so I can compliment you :P I'll be looking forward for yours mate ;D.

So far, with hipjipp's interface, after screwing around for a good while, I'm giving a up on it. I was looking on a lightweight looking, and on a lightweight being interface, solid, sturdy, and not too wild. Hipjipp's UI looks just like what I was looking for, but plenty of annoyances that I'd rather pass on.

The one I really despise is how Hpanel doesn't show up unless you /reloadui, and while it's not very time consuming, I'd rather have a more stable and working Interface. Another annoyance is the HbarHide. Even after making it completely visible for all action bars, when I log in, the action bars show, when I reload to fix the HPanel issue, they disappear, requiring me to click minimap; and being the airhead that I am, I easily end up without them, stuck in combat with the error message I modified for entertainment purposes that instead of making me laugh, pissed me off :P.

The reloading issue was here both before and after I tweaked the addons. Still, great addon, for those that can pinpoint it and fix those issues or for those that don't mind it, I definitely recommend it :>

Regarding other interfaces I'm still open for suggestions. A more detailed description of what I'm looking for:
  • Slick. As in dark, and smooth, no complicated textures required. Black or Dark Blue is just fine.
  • Lightweight. Both in looks and addons. Don't enjoy swimming in them :P
  • Filled with action bars. This is a little bit important. I want to have action bars. Although I'm not a clicker, we all end up relying on those clickable ones occasionally, and I feel safer knowing my bars always stay on the screen. Nicely organized, visible, but not too space consuming.
  • Overall fits in nice. Doesn't have addons conflicting with each other, keeps it smooth and simple.
  • List would go on, but I'm not the one making the addon, so any relevant inputs you can find fitting the above would be cool. Why did I put this as one of the details? Hmm... =/

Keep 'em coming And feel free to ask for other interfaces over here, or make a new thread. The sexier the better ;>
12-16-08, 02:31 AM   #36
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

HalsUI
TimsansUI
ZynUI

For a few more. Our idea's of "slick" are a little different if you did not like the before mentioned UI's in my other post, but... I'll link for the offchance
12-16-08, 04:20 AM   #37
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Those UIs are definitely worth a try. Currently going with DevlinUI

Gotta say this UI got my eye and I went ahead and tried it.
  • Has plenty of action bars... not only that, they're organized well together, nicely packed, and just the right amount of buttons (6) that I need with my warlock.
  • Dark, organized and well integrated with other addons. Doesn't become intrusive at all, unless you plan on raiding Sunwell :>
  • Attractive... what can I say, that's that, iti's attractive xD.
  • Although planned for high resolution, on 1280x800 (wide) it works out to be fine.
  • Has most addons that I make use of. Only additions were Cartographer3, Or_SoulShards and I think I'm missing something else but it may be just me :>
  • Sturdy, solid looking, no errors so far.

So far, so good. Hopefully no errors start popping up :3

Keep posting new UIs if you stumble upon great ones, after all, this is an interface forum, collecting them up and explaining their strong and weak points will make it for a better "picked by the community" list. ;D
12-16-08, 04:35 AM   #38
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Not sure if I know your style any better yet, lol. But another.
12-17-08, 12:04 PM   #39
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Just a little somethin I threw together last night.. It's a work in progress (as usual. lol)

12-18-08, 03:34 PM   #40
vpr
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by Elloria View Post
Well currently ag or ag pimpster dont have the option to change the direction in which the health and power bars deplete. I want the targets to deplete to the right and the player to deplete to the left. Currently they both deplete to the left. Also, i want more control over what texts i show and how they display. Currently you cannot change how the health shows. Well you can but only to either a 12.3k/12.3k or 100% health texts. The raid im still having issues with. im still kinda new to ag so i may have messed something up. Right now when im in a raid my frames arent showing. I disabled/deleted groups 5-8 because i dont need them. I just want to show groups 1-4. I can see the frames in config mode but not in a raid.
I don't really know anything detailed about this, but have you considered trying oUF - people always talk about how customizable it is...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Sexy Interface?