12-11-08, 09:23 AM   #1
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Sexy Interface?

No, scratch that, not sexy I want it cool =o I want to have a good looking interface, doesn't take up much memory and Gives me useful addons for a mage/warlock/druid.

I understand that that's what everyone would want and it may be hard to put together but I really want a cool, slick, smooth, smart looking interface giving me useful features for tracking DOTs, buffs, debuffs, player, target, target's target portraits showing decently.

Addons I shuffled through so far were X-Perl (Cool, but not what I'm looking for), Pitbull (No idea how to use it xD), Bongos3 (discontinued seemingly).

What I was aiming was for Caith's interface, it f**ing rocked! Such smoothness... BUT it doesn't load decently for me. Everything is messed up, things are wierd, so I'm giving up on that xD

If you could provide me with addons, ways to tweak them and bang myself a nice hardcore lookin interface I'd wet dream about u next, I promise

=o Wolf :-)
12-11-08, 09:35 AM   #2
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure if I want you to wet dream about me ...

Anyway, I strongly suggest you give Pitbull another try. sure, the options look intimidating, but they are the exact same for every frame you want to configure. So if you carefully look at every option in the player frame setup, you'll know how to work with Pitbull. it just looks hard, but if you take 10 minutes of your time and read everything carefully, it's really easy.

Other than that, for action bars there's Dominos (this is the update to Bongos3), Bartender4, Macaroon and a lot of others.
I personally prefer Dominos, and dislike Macaroon because this is too much hassle to set up to achieve something simple (all i want is move my actionbars around after all)

For your minimap, I suggest a square one. Chinchilla is popular, but a bit heavy. Then there's squeenix, which is light but a bit less popular. Personally I use PocketPlot, which isn't known that much, and I wonder why that is because it's awesome. :]

Then let's see ... For the classes listed, I strongly suggest getting either ClassTimer or DoTimer. This will track various things (and is useful for every class actually) like clearcasting duration, your scorch debuff, curses durations, your hots on players, mangle duration, etc. (examples given for classes you play obviously :P)

If you want it to look really sexy, getting the SharedMedia libs and Fontain are a must, as sharedMedia will add more bar textures and fonts to your game. While Fontain lets you configure those fonts globally across your entire UI (or have different fonts for different parts of it).

That's all I can come up with right now.
12-11-08, 09:50 AM   #3
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
your picture please

I'm gonna give another try to Pitbull, I'm really interested in getting it right this time, I'll try tweaking a bit with SharedMedia cause it's probably the secret to getting a good lookin' GUI.

I acquired PocketPlot, and ClassTimer, put DoTimer aside since it's warlock oriented and I don't feel like getting things that will interfere with each other unless they're global.

I downloaded Ace2 and Ace3, guessing that they're going to be required by SharedMedia and other addons.

I don't know whether or not I should download Cartographer3 and QuestHelper yet... or will that mess me up? =o

Last edited by Lonehwolf : 12-11-08 at 11:00 AM.
12-11-08, 10:55 AM   #4
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...oskenAngo.html

or

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...akePhotek.html
12-11-08, 10:58 AM   #5
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

This is a nice one to
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...leversion.html
12-11-08, 11:03 AM   #6
KyesaRRi
A Cyclonian

No, scratch that, not sexy I want it cool =o I want to have a good looking interface, doesn't take up much memory and Gives me useful addons for a mage/warlock/druid.
Its all the eye of the beholder, if you like textures taking up 30% of your screen real estate jump on a packaged addon (and install the saved variables correctly) But remember if your running a ****box pc then you will pay the price with fps loss.

I understand that that's what everyone would want and it may be hard to put together but I really want a cool, slick, smooth, smart looking interface giving me useful features for tracking DOTs, buffs, debuffs, player, target, target's target portraits showing decently.
For tracking DOT's and the like id suggest Spell Timers i tossed the self tracking out of the screen and left the target / focus tracking alone.

Personally love Icehud for the player / target frame but i cant live without a HUD, pMinimap is a grouse map addon it does everything i need and nothing more. Dominos for modifying the actionbars, and if you are in to it buttonfacade to make the actionbars look all pretty.

"The difference between insanity and genius is measured only by success"
"I know I'm not dreaming now because i know what its like to be in a dream... Dreaming lets me know reality exists"
12-11-08, 11:07 AM   #7
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
I definitely liked the first two
Cool looking, smooth, simple and unintrusive looking:

Heavier, more informative and controlful style:

I'll probably end up banging either of those, but right now I'll try building my own, if that fails miserably, I'll go with either of those.

Last edited by Lonehwolf : 12-11-08 at 12:27 PM.
12-11-08, 12:05 PM   #8
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Lonehwolf View Post
I definitely liked the first two
Cool looking, smooth, simple and unintrusive looking:

Heavier, more informative and controlful style:

I'll probably end up banging either of those, but right now I'll try building my own, if that fails miserably, I'll go with either of those.
As honored as i am to actually be recommended to someone, i'd like to ask what information KoskenAngo doesn't show?
At a glance, the Photek remake have grid, oRA2 and a durability-checker, witch mine doesn't have (unless you add it yourself :P).
I built my compliation to contain as much information as possible without cluttering the screen with nonsence or including heavy quest addons. Those are for those who wish to have them. :P

Feel free to ask me almost anything about my UI, and i'll answer it to the best of my ability. (Yes, i'm quite very bored with not having any serious questions that i know how to fix)
12-11-08, 12:24 PM   #9
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by hipjipp View Post
As honored as i am to actually be recommended to someone, i'd like to ask what information KoskenAngo doesn't show?
At a glance, the Photek remake have grid, oRA2 and a durability-checker, witch mine doesn't have (unless you add it yourself :P).
I built my compliation to contain as much information as possible without cluttering the screen with nonsence or including heavy quest addons. Those are for those who wish to have them. :P

Feel free to ask me almost anything about my UI, and i'll answer it to the best of my ability. (Yes, i'm quite very bored with not having any serious questions that i know how to fix)
I was mainly talking bout the look While they both provide required information, yours looks lighters, less space taking, and not at all intrusive while the second one proves bulkier, takes more resolution area, and looks kind of "warmer". Dunno how to describe myself, both give me a different feel at WoW, and both UIs are killers

So nothing wrong with your interface at all, don't lose sleep
12-11-08, 12:54 PM   #10
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

I was mainly talking bout the look While they both provide required information, yours looks lighters, less space taking, and not at all intrusive while the second one proves bulkier, takes more resolution area, and looks kind of "warmer". Dunno how to describe myself, both give me a different feel at WoW, and both UIs are killers

So nothing wrong with your interface at all, don't lose sleep
Thanks for that, sorry for sounding harsh or perhaps angry or irritated, might've just interpreted it wrong since i thought you said that KoskenAngo didn't provide as much info as the PhotekRemake. But since thats not the case, i'm cool. Hope you don't mind. =)
12-11-08, 12:57 PM   #11
vpr
A Theradrim Guardian
I really like the looks of THIS UI

I haven't installed it, but I've thought about using it for one of my alts to see how I like it. Since i'm lvl 79 it'll have to wait 1 more level though
12-11-08, 01:24 PM   #12
Vranx
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Some popular UI's: http://www.vranx.com/compilations.htm:
12-11-08, 03:44 PM   #13
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the inputs!

Regarding your interface Hipj, I said "Fine, time to test it out" But the action bars just wouldn't show up. I'm a little bit of an action bar freak not because I click but because I use various characters and occasionaly forget the setup as well as needing to change it every now and again depending on the situation, any help with getting the action bars to show?
12-11-08, 03:54 PM   #14
hipjipp
A Cliff Giant

Thanks for the inputs!

Regarding your interface Hipj, I said "Fine, time to test it out" But the action bars just wouldn't show up. I'm a little bit of an action bar freak not because I click but because I use various characters and occasionaly forget the setup as well as needing to change it every now and again depending on the situation, any help with getting the action bars to show?
The actionbars are self-made ones. HBar is hidden/shown by my other addon HBarHide, which is the button located on the lower-right of your minimap. If you do not wish to use it, or simply start with your actionbars on screen, change the following (or read the comments on the compilation):
lua Code:
  1. BonusActionButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", -230, -300);
  2. MainMenuBar:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, -300);
to
lua Code:
  1. BonusActionButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", -230, 14);
  2. MainMenuBar:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, 10);

This will cause the actionbars to appear as the do on the screenshots. HBar does only use Blizzards internal actionbars so you'll have as little problem as possible (they're not flawless, but i'm no master coder either).

--- Edit:
HBar was created just because i had the same problem, and i wish to level a few chars at times. HBar and HBarHide was created so i could have minimal actionbars, off-screen, but still be able to show them when i got new skills/abilities or just changed chars.
--- Edit end

Enjoy!

Last edited by hipjipp : 12-11-08 at 04:01 PM.
12-11-08, 05:21 PM   #15
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

I call these slick:

Ishtara UI

Lyn UI

And keep an eye on Wimpface UI The man's got moves

Edit: Unreleased, but
Led++ / Tiany's Cool, slick, smooth, smart pic and
Led++ / Tiany's Cool, slick, smooth, smart pic

Last edited by WaldoJeffers : 12-11-08 at 05:37 PM.
12-11-08, 05:50 PM   #16
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Anything by me.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
12-12-08, 06:28 AM   #17
Lonehwolf
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by hipjipp View Post
The actionbars are self-made ones. HBar is hidden/shown by my other addon HBarHide, which is the button located on the lower-right of your minimap. If you do not wish to use it, or simply start with your actionbars on screen, change the following (or read the comments on the compilation):
lua Code:
  1. BonusActionButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", -230, -300);
  2. MainMenuBar:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, -300);
to
lua Code:
  1. BonusActionButton1:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", -230, 14);
  2. MainMenuBar:SetPoint("BOTTOM", UIParent, "BOTTOM", 0, 10);

This will cause the actionbars to appear as the do on the screenshots. HBar does only use Blizzards internal actionbars so you'll have as little problem as possible (they're not flawless, but i'm no master coder either).

--- Edit:
HBar was created just because i had the same problem, and i wish to level a few chars at times. HBar and HBarHide was created so i could have minimal actionbars, off-screen, but still be able to show them when i got new skills/abilities or just changed chars.
--- Edit end

Enjoy!
Getting to work on that I guess

Btw: I saw some sick features which resembles Crysis nano-suit modes xD Forgot which it was, but it grants you access to trade professions and whatnot by holding alt + <combination>. Sick, sick, sick, awesome! XD

Originally Posted by WaldoJeffers View Post
I call these slick:

Ishtara UI

Lyn UI

And keep an eye on Wimpface UI The man's got moves

Edit: Unreleased, but
Led++ / Tiany's Cool, slick, smooth, smart pic and
Led++ / Tiany's Cool, slick, smooth, smart pic

The first two links ain't bad, but it's not what I'm looking for. The 1st one looks really cool tbh, but that's more what my brother would like xD The second one I find plain in design, mainly the action bars.

Regarding the two links from your edit, the first one shows just the top part, I don't know if that's how it's supposed to be or if my browser is being a douche for once, but the minimap looked impressive. The second link gave it a nice aspect, seeing how it was surrounded with little bars around the character, I'll be looking forward to that

Originally Posted by Dreadlorde View Post
Anything by me.

*slaps u* *comes back and slaps u again*

xD

Last edited by Lonehwolf : 12-12-08 at 06:36 AM.
12-12-08, 04:17 PM   #18
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

Regarding the two links from your edit, the first one shows just the top part
Yea it's weird like that, sometimes it loads the whole pic, other times just a little section. Click the link again and you might get lucky
12-12-08, 07:26 PM   #19
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

If your looking for something new and different ill be uploading this, this weekend actually. The art is NOT mine. However i did edit it to my liking. The original art is from deviant art. I will post all credits to them when i upload.

12-12-08, 08:39 PM   #20
Psoewish
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Elloria ...

That. Is. Awesome.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Sexy Interface?