02-08-09, 02:18 AM   #1
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
World of Warcraft Sales in Australia

Passing this along, for those that have heard the rumours that you can't buy/play WoW in Australia any more.

Short version: It isn't true.

Long version:

Hello everyone:

We wanted to get the word out to you on the latest information that has been circulating in regard to the legal status of sales of World of Warcraft in Australia. There has been a lot of wrong information circulated and we wanted to make sure you had the most accurate information to either update your communities with or amend information that you may have shared with your communities.

Our official stance is as follows:
Blizzard Entertainment and its affiliates work very closely with the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia to ensure that we are in full compliance with Australian law as it relates to the distribution and operation of our games, including World of Warcraft. We’d like to reassure all of our players that World of Warcraft is currently, and has always been, distributed and operated legally in Australia.
Best Regards,

Danielle Vanderlip
Community Team Member
Blizzard Entertainment
02-08-09, 02:28 AM   #2
gothicknight
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Doh!!!

Dammit lol. I read the article about Wow not being sold here in Aus anymore, so i made all my friends go out an buy WotLK before it took hold. No i find out it was a lie. Damn i have a lot of explaining to do

Thanx for the heads up Cairenn.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » World of Warcraft Sales in Australia