02-12-10, 01:31 PM   #1
Koviko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Waypoints

The "Emulate TomTom" option made me believe that I could manually create waypoints using TomTom's "/way <zone> <x-coord> <y-coord>" command. However, the /way slash-command doesn't work at all.

How do I manually create a waypoint in Carbonite (by manually, I mean without having to find the coordinates on the map and then click)?

02-12-10, 08:17 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The emulation makes it appear to other addons that TomTom is present, so they can set waypoints.

Carb has its own set of console commands.

Type this for help /carb

You want:
/carb goto x y
/carb goto zone x y

02-13-10, 07:44 AM   #3
Koviko
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ahh, okay then. Thank you very much.

02-13-10, 11:25 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
One thing I've noticed: Carb's TomTom emulation works quite well with TourGuide. But in its toc, TourGuide Recorder lists TomTom as a required dependency. Since TomTom isn't actually in my addons folder, TGR doesn't work at all. I've not tried commenting that line out in the toc, so I don't know if there's a deeper problem, other than just the dependency.

02-18-10, 12:36 AM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
One thing I've noticed: Carb's TomTom emulation works quite well with TourGuide. But in its toc, TourGuide Recorder lists TomTom as a required dependency. Since TomTom isn't actually in my addons folder, TGR doesn't work at all. I've not tried commenting that line out in the toc, so I don't know if there's a deeper problem, other than just the dependency.
I can't make ours look like the TomTom addon is there as a dependency unless we made an actual TomTom folder with a toc file, which I'm not going to do. Removing the dependency could work.

02-18-10, 11:13 AM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
I can't make ours look like the TomTom addon is there as a dependency unless we made an actual TomTom folder with a toc file, which I'm not going to do. Removing the dependency could work.
Yeah, I didn't expect you to do that. I'll try removing the dependency at some point and see what happens.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Waypoints