09-30-08, 12:58 AM   #1
Henrik
A Murloc Raider
Druid action bars not changing when shapeshifting

Hi there,

I have a problem where my bars do not change when i Shapeshift. Does the UI not come with this functionallity or am I the victim of a faulty install?

cheers
Henrik
09-30-08, 02:37 AM   #2
tinyu
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
are you using any mods?
09-30-08, 02:43 AM   #3
Henrik
A Murloc Raider
Have installed mobmap (shows mobs on maps for quests) and questhelper (changes the quest log window) - the rest is pure mazzle

-henrik
09-30-08, 05:09 AM   #4
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Do ALL of your bars fail to swap or only certain buttons on certain bars and does being in combat make any difference? The solutions are different depending on what's going on.

If none of the bars are changing, it sounds like the paging didn't get configured in bongos. A full mazzify should take care of it.

If only some buttons don't page when you switch forms in combat, that's a known issue with Bongos1. The workaround here is when the bar "pages" to a new set of actions, if there are empty buttons in the original that should be filled in the new set, those buttons won't switch. You can get past this by putting actions (I recommend "attack") into each button which is "empty" and would be "filled" in the new stance. The other thing you can do, is simply use keybindings for the new "actions." Even though they don't show, the keybinds will work.

Hope that was clear.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
09-30-08, 07:10 AM   #5
Henrik
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

Its all of them. When i change into cat form, i would like to main buttons to change to feral. I do not use the mazzify layout, but basic with small button (not rounded, they are way to small for me)

It is the same whether I am in combat or not.

Problem is that nothing changes...

I will try doing a full mazzify on my char, and see if it helps, and read up on bongos.

-henrik
09-30-08, 11:14 AM   #6
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
Hi,

Its all of them. When i change into cat form, i would like to main buttons to change to feral. I do not use the mazzify layout, but basic with small button (not rounded, they are way to small for me)

It is the same whether I am in combat or not.

Problem is that nothing changes...

I will try doing a full mazzify on my char, and see if it helps, and read up on bongos.

-henrik

I could be wrong (I often am) but I don't think the "simple" layouts have the paging built into them at all. I think that behavior has to be built into the layout with the paging tab on the bongos control panel. It is going to be some work to figure this out. As I don't have a druid, it's going to be hard for me to help troubleshoot this, but I'll keep an eye on the thread.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
09-30-08, 09:07 PM   #7
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

if you used the simple layout and not the preconfig druid layout then the paging when shifting will not work as it hasnt been configured for a class with a stance. you will need to go into bongos and enable paging for the bars and set the triggers for the paging. ie 1 to 7 when shifting to cat form etc
10-01-08, 04:22 AM   #8
Henrik
A Murloc Raider
Can i simply remove bongos and use the default button / shifting UI functions?
10-01-08, 05:00 AM   #9
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
While it's possible to remove bongos, I know parts of the MazzleUI rely on it being there. I can't predict your results with simply removing it

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
10-02-08, 04:04 AM   #10
Henrik
A Murloc Raider
Using the mazzle druid bar layout works when shifting form. I will try to configure bongos to also work when I use a basic layout.

I just cannot come to terms with the layout in Mazzle druid bar, sorry

Thank you for all your input, I think this matter is as resolved as it can be

-henrik
10-02-08, 11:07 AM   #11
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

personaly i dont like most of the mazzle layouts myself, feels like it was made for a lefthanded person. Easiest thing to do is start with the mazlle layout and modify from there, moving bars and changing sizes and button assignments from there.
10-02-08, 12:58 PM   #12
Brillynt
A Black Drake

Just as a side note you can edit the layout by editing the Mazzifier_Layouts.lua in the Interface\AddOns\Mazzifier folder.

I have done this extensively for my druid and lock as they did not have any of the level 70 skills and spells. I also added a empty bar for putting all those quest items for daily quests.
10-04-08, 07:35 PM   #13
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

yep that works too brill. Heres another good suggestion - get the addon name IHML. Consolodates all those silly dailies items into a 1 button push system. Trust me, youll love it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Druid action bars not changing when shapeshifting