04-09-09, 05:20 AM   #1
Chilius
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Fix for FuBar WhisperFu

Since FuBar_WhisperFu has been broken when WotLK was released I've tried some other addons but never found one that has the same options in one simple FuBar tooltip as this handy chat gadget.

I've no idea if it's a lot of work to repair it for WotLK or translate it to a LibDataBroker addon, but it would be great if someone could pick it up.

The addon is still functional but sometimes blocks whispers on the chat window... a nasty bug for an addon that used to make sure you never missed any whisper.

http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=2210

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...hisper-fu.aspx

12-09-10, 09:05 AM   #2
Peagle
A Defias Bandit

Thumbs up

Thanks to your aging ;) links I found out that the author has now kindly updated WhisperFu to work with Cataclysm. I've posted the revised version at a couple links below.

Download Link:
LINK DESTROYED BY NOBGUL!

Alternate Link:
LINK DESTROYED BY NOBGUL!

ALL YOUR LINKS ARE BELONG TO NOBGUL.

Last edited by Nobgul : 12-09-10 at 09:12 AM.

12-09-10, 09:09 AM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Necro thread is bad JUJU. And posting offsite links is even worse.

Last edited by Nobgul : 12-09-10 at 09:12 AM.

12-09-10, 03:25 PM   #4
Peagle
A Defias Bandit

Originally Posted by nobgul View Post
Necro thread is bad JUJU. And posting offsite links is even worse.
Yes, I can see why posting the answer to the #2 Google result for WhisperFu along with an update along with the updated mod is deleterious to the universe. Thank you for your wise and proactive admining.

12-09-10, 05:08 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Holy Site Rules of WoWInterface View Post
8. Please do not post outside links for addons, unless they are located on trusted sites such as Curse, wowace, googlecode, etc. It's so easy to just host it here - if you would like to offer it to someone else, just upload it. Any link like www.thisrandomserver-1211.net/thisnewaddon.zip will be removed.
The reason for this is that we cannot vouch for the safety of anything put up for download on a random site. Even if it was safe when it was uploaded to that site, it may not stay safe forever. Not to mention that WhisperFu is "All Rights Reserved".

Thank you for understanding our rules, our safety concerns for our users, and the rights of the author of the addon.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Fix for FuBar WhisperFu