12-03-10, 02:08 PM   #1
Fragezeichenmensch
A Kobold Labourer

rofl/i-am-annoyed/spam addon

well hello, I have a rather stupid request for an addon.

I guess everybody knows those warlocks who have literally every action commented by some addon.
This annoys the heck out of me and it's kind of hard to ignore everybody.

I would love some addon to get back to them, to make a farce out of their stupid spams.

So the addon should print out custom comments to every action you bind.
Like with an interface: you could drop a skill in some box, or have a drop down menu and next to it a text field where you enter your message that should be spammed.

I would make makros for such occasions but they spam the text everytime when I hit the button which is sometimes more often than the skill is actually used.

it would of course be important for it to be easily toggled.

PS: "Damned foe! I shall smite thee with my arcane powers! Feel the blasting power of my mindly formed blast of arcane energy!"

PSS: I don't really know anything about LUA so I have no idea how complicated this would be...
12-03-10, 02:54 PM   #2
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Fragezeichenmensch View Post
well hello, I have a rather stupid request for an addon.

I guess everybody knows those warlocks who have literally every action commented by some addon.
This annoys the heck out of me and it's kind of hard to ignore everybody.

I would love some addon to get back to them, to make a farce out of their stupid spams.

So the addon should print out custom comments to every action you bind.
Like with an interface: you could drop a skill in some box, or have a drop down menu and next to it a text field where you enter your message that should be spammed.

I would make makros for such occasions but they spam the text everytime when I hit the button which is sometimes more often than the skill is actually used.

it would of course be important for it to be easily toggled.

PS: "Damned foe! I shall smite thee with my arcane powers! Feel the blasting power of my mindly formed blast of arcane energy!"

PSS: I don't really know anything about LUA so I have no idea how complicated this would be...
There is a addon errr
speaknsay
speaknspell

Hold on 1 sec someone left a comment in my addon with the name of the program ill find it.
12-03-10, 02:57 PM   #3
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Speakinspell is the name of the addon.
12-03-10, 03:08 PM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Sounds to me like you're on a RP realm, or you're talking about random dungeons / battlegroups with people from a RP realm.

RP is short for "roleplaying", the act of playing your character as if it was yourself, using communications and actions that would respond to how that particular character's ehm... character is.

Also worth noting is that WoW is an MMORPG, out of which the "RP" part also means roleplaying.

When push comes to shove, all I really want to say is, if you're on a roleplaying realm and hate roleplayers, the best solution is to get a realm transfer to a normal or PvP realm (remember, RP-PvP is still RP!), or if it's in dungeons or battlegrounds, just live with it and/or turn off /s in your chat window while dungeoning. That's by far the best solution for all involved parties.

If I misunderstood your post and you actually meant people whispering you things like "Innervated you!" and "Focus Magic cast on you!" overly much, I'd personally just recommend making a macro with something along the lines of:
/r Please stop bothering me with whispers.
and hitting that when you're whispered.

And if you're looking for an addon for automatically saying things based on what you do or what happens to you, SpeakinSpell is a good option indeed. I use it myself when roleplaying - sometimes it's fun to take the RP guild and do a raid completely in character, but it can be dangerous to stop what you're doing to type. :P

Last edited by Jigain : 12-03-10 at 03:12 PM.
12-03-10, 03:21 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
Sounds to me like you're on a RP realm, or you're talking about random dungeons / battlegroups with people from a RP realm.

RP is short for "roleplaying", the act of playing your character as if it was yourself, using communications and actions that would respond to how that particular character's ehm... character is.

Also worth noting is that WoW is an MMORPG, out of which the "RP" part also means roleplaying.

When push comes to shove, all I really want to say is, if you're on a roleplaying realm and hate roleplayers, the best solution is to get a realm transfer to a normal or PvP realm (remember, RP-PvP is still RP!), or if it's in dungeons or battlegrounds, just live with it and/or turn off /s in your chat window while dungeoning. That's by far the best solution for all involved parties.

If I misunderstood your post and you actually meant people whispering you things like "Innervated you!" and "Focus Magic cast on you!" overly much, I'd personally just recommend making a macro with something along the lines of:

and hitting that when you're whispered.

And if you're looking for an addon for automatically saying things based on what you do or what happens to you, SpeakinSpell is a good option indeed. I use it myself when roleplaying - sometimes it's fun to take the RP guild and do a raid completely in character, but it can be dangerous to stop what you're doing to type. :P
RP realm or not. I have players on a pve realm that has those, mages, locks, etc. He just wants to annoy them back. So basically what he is doing is spreading the "emote to action" further by running a addon that does it himself.

I would recommend that if it is emoted they are doing get a filter like badboy. If it is in yell or say then filter those as well in the chat settings.
12-03-10, 03:34 PM   #6
Dorwido
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
/sigh

So they spam stuff, you want to spam stuff back = you are like them, so spam yourself.
12-03-10, 05:24 PM   #7
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Like, killing fire with fire?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » rofl/i-am-annoyed/spam addon