08-22-08, 08:37 PM   #1
TJ_Snake
A Kobold Labourer
Question Need a simple UI that adds buttons

I've played with a few UI's with much difficulty going between characters. I'm looking for one that DOES NOT destroy the default WoW action bars. I only need a few more buttons somewhere else on the screen. Please help.
08-25-08, 03:58 PM   #2
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TJ_Snake View Post
I've played with a few UI's with much difficulty going between characters. I'm looking for one that DOES NOT destroy the default WoW action bars. I only need a few more buttons somewhere else on the screen. Please help.
You could try Geist out. You can bind that mod to show when you press a certain button and the buttons show up right underneath your mouse for quick easy access. I put my mounts, food, buffs, professions all on this hidden box of buttons....

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...766-Geist.html
10-21-08, 09:35 AM   #3
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

You could also try class buttons. It adds buttons with static spells to them (as in you cannot swap them in game). But you can edit what spells show up for all classes in settings.lua. Do you have any examples or screen shots you can show?
10-22-08, 07:06 PM   #4
Aesir
An Aku'mai Servant

[Edit: Yeah, I see the original post date now.]

I'm currently playing with Macaroon! and Macaroon: Extras.

I believe the default install leaves the Blizzard bars in place, though if it's not the default there is a check box option in the configuration panel to toggle the Blizzard bars on or off.

Macaroon! lets you create macro bars. They work like regular button bars in most instances, i.e., you can just create bar(s) and drag spells, potions, etc. to them and it just works. The bars and buttons have a variety of configuration options (size, scale, # of buttons, type of bar/button, bar shapes like arc, linear, etc.). Bottom line is that it appears as a fully-customizable bar addOn - but they're completely separate and distinct from the Blizzard bars so you do not have to replace the Blizzard bars with them at all if you don't wish to do that.

Last edited by Aesir : 10-22-08 at 07:08 PM. Reason: holy carp!!! I've brung out the dead.
10-23-08, 05:52 AM   #5
Xinhuan
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You can try out IPopBar, which is extremely small and neat.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » Need a simple UI that adds buttons