08-22-08, 03:45 PM   #1
XXForsakenXX
A Defias Bandit
WoWInterface UI Manager error help

i get this error when i start it up

*** 2008-07-22_16-32-17-383 TRAP > 1
Exception [2008-07-22_16-32-17-385] in thread "main": java.io.FileNotFoundException ==> Cannot isolate Interface directory.
at wowiupdater.Main.buildMainFrame(Main.java:382)
at wowiupdater.Main.main(Main.java:315)
08-24-08, 07:37 AM   #2
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Open the config.wic file in the program's directory and change the line indicating the folder to wherever your wow.exe is located.

I should point out that the manager is currently EOL so it's likely you'll encounter problems. A new version is being made.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
08-24-08, 02:12 PM   #3
XXForsakenXX
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Shirik View Post
Open the config.wic file in the program's directory and change the line indicating the folder to wherever your wow.exe is located.

I should point out that the manager is currently EOL so it's likely you'll encounter problems. A new version is being made.
thanks for the info not much info on the ui manager when you do a search
10-11-08, 01:30 PM   #4
strobert
A Defias Bandit
Any ETA for the 0.3.x version tree to start?

The last 0.2x version was in Feb. That version has some issues (as noted in the forums and bug reports). With the 3.0 WOW patch just around the corner and the Wrath expansion coming soon (2 days and a month respectively), just looking for any info on a new version.

Since the tool is GPL'd, I have contemplated taking 0.2x and doing some work on it to get it working for me, but hoping to avoind a fork if 0.3x will be coming soon.
10-12-08, 01:27 AM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Your real issue is going to be 3.0, not WotLK, I think; If you tell me any specific issues that you are encountering I may have a temporary fix for you. Other than that, I don't really have another suggestion for you.

I do apologize that the new version is taking much longer than I had desired, however I'm trying to ensure the design problems of the past are not duplicated s othat this project can actually be maintained. Concurrently, we're hoping to make it modular to the point where it can work on all of MMOUI's sites instead of just WoWInterface.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
10-13-08, 09:32 PM   #6
strobert
A Defias Bandit
Your real issue is going to be 3.0, not WotLK, I think; If you tell me any specific issues that you are encountering I may have a temporary fix for you. Other than that, I don't really have another suggestion for you.
the main one I hit is in the bug I filed. I can't find the link to the Manager tool page right now (really should have a better link on the wowUI site, but I know that isn't something you control ) so I can't say which add on for sure. I think it was gatherer. For now I have been doing the downloads and installs manually. which works but is a bit tedious.
11-06-08, 12:11 PM   #7
henri
A Kobold Labourer
I had the same problem.
After the last wowupdate the whole map was moved so I guess that's why it didn't work.
After setting the right path in config.wic it works. So thanks.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » WoWInterface UI Manager error help