02-13-14, 03:20 PM   #1
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Model mirroring

Anyone know a workaround for mirroring a model?
02-13-14, 07:02 PM   #2
Duugu
Premium Member

Are the models still m2 files? If everything else fails you edit them and provide custom models with your addon.
02-13-14, 07:23 PM   #3
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure what you mean by mirroring. You can change which direction the model is pointing using model:SetFacing(radians).

I don't know if you can truly flip the image around.
02-14-14, 02:17 AM   #4
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Resike haven't you fixed that already? In your example you could rotate a model in any direction.

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)
02-14-14, 03:11 AM   #5
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by zork View Post
Resike haven't you fixed that already? In your example you could rotate a model in any direction.
Yes but some models only visible only from one side, and rotating it makes it invisible on the other side.

Anyway i used a different model now, but such function would be handy in some situations, but it might not be doable.

Last edited by Resike : 02-14-14 at 03:14 AM.
02-14-14, 03:12 AM   #6
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Originally Posted by Duugu View Post
Are the models still m2 files? If everything else fails you edit them and provide custom models with your addon.
Would be nice, but addons can't load models from custom paths, at least i couln't make it work.
02-14-14, 03:48 AM   #7
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Hmmm. Just a question but had you issues with caching at any time? Because when I first started with oUF_D3Orbs I tried using wisp m2 models but there was a problem. The model would not show up until it was cached. I'm not sure if that is still the fact though.

The displayId technique fixed that for me because it allowed loading of models that where not cached yet. Imo that was added because Blizzard needed a way to show uncached quest NPC models in the new questframe themselve.

Actually I just found the thread regarding that topic. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34898

Maybe the caching issue only exists when using :SetCreature() and not when calling a model directly via :SetModel().

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 02-14-14 at 04:01 AM.
02-14-14, 04:07 AM   #8
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
Hmmm. Just a question but had you issues with caching at any time? Because when I first started with oUF_D3Orbs I tried using wisp m2 models but there was a problem. The model would not show up until it was cached. I'm not sure if that is still the fact though.

The displayId technique fixed that for me because it allowed loading of models that where not cached yet. Imo that was added because Blizzard needed a way to show uncached quest NPC models in the new questframe themselve.

Actually I just found the thread regarding that topic. http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34898

Maybe the caching issue only exists when using :SetCreature() and not when calling a model directly via :SetModel().
Do you use "Model", or "PlayerModel"? I think the the model is "PlayerModel" then it's not gonna need caching, at least i never run into this problem.

But you could be right because i always use :SetModel() too.
02-14-14, 02:18 PM   #9
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

SetCreature relies on the cache and SetModel doesn't, however SetModel won't texture the model if it has more than one skin.
02-14-14, 02:47 PM   #10
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
That reminds me of a thread I saw somewhere, some time ago, where something horrible had happened while trying to skin a model and dwarf textures were stuffed onto human models and all sorts of further abominations. I wonder if that thread was here...
02-14-14, 05:00 PM   #11
semlar
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're probably thinking of this thread.

There were in fact more abominations like these (nsfw?) which I had neglected to post and I can't imagine why.

Bonus picture!

Last edited by semlar : 02-14-14 at 05:26 PM.
02-14-14, 06:42 PM   #12
pelf
Sentient Plasmoid

Premium Member
That is definitely the thread. I laughed so hard the first time I saw that.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Model mirroring