09-24-21, 01:05 AM   #1
reysattv
A Kobold Labourer
Use html codes in lua

Hello

First of all I have to say I'm very very new to lua and wow addons so please if you know the answer please explain to me very simple xD

I'm trying to use an api system to submit a from with a wow addon , I've done a few research and most of people said It's not possible Blizzard blocked this and you can't send a html request with wow addon

I've seen some addons (like TomCat) is currently called a html page using xml

I've tried to do the same but it didn't worked for me , all I need right now is to use html codes on my wow addon

For example if user typed /cmd test in chat , all I need is to pass that test to my api system
09-24-21, 02:07 AM   #2
Rilgamon
Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not possible. Lua is run in a sandbox and cant connect. Your only hope is to put your content in your addons savedvariables file and after quitting wow you can read it from there.
09-24-21, 09:15 AM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In TomCats' case, and my addons, and a few others, the URL is merely an edit box that is pre-filled with the link. There is no external access, as Rilgamon said. You have to copy the text and put it into a browser yourself.
09-27-21, 11:28 AM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
As myrroddin said, it's not a link. It's just a web address as plain text.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Use html codes in lua