01-06-06, 06:50 PM   #1
Padreic
A Defias Bandit
Strange error with a single button inaccessible

First of all, I've been using DAB for a few months now, and I have loved it ever since I started using it. I was using 2.36 until this 1.9 patch came out, then I updated to 3.0L.

My bars are set up in a very simple manner: I have 4 bars, each with one page and 12 buttons. Bar 1 is the main one, set to the default anchor points (Main Bar?) and everything. I dragged it a bit down and to the left. Bar 2 is then anchored to Bar 1 (anchored to top, anchor point bottom), so that it's directly above Bar 1. Bar 3 is also anchored to Bar 1 (anchored to right, anchor point left), so that it's directly to the right of Bar 1. Bar 4 is then anchored to Bar 2 in the same way (anchor to right, anchor point left).

-----2------ -----4------
-----1------ -----3------

For some reason, the button to the far left on bar 3 is inaccessible. It doesn't highlight when I mouseover. No tooltip appears (I made sure they were on). It is unclickable (dragging was disabled, other buttons on the same bar worked fine). I couldn't drag and drop another button into that slot. It was visible, just unusable. I tried tinkering with all kinds of settings, had no idea what was going on. I should also point out that while I was having this problem with the button on Bar 3, the ones on Bar 4 worked just fine, even though it was set up exactly the same, except anchored to Bar 2 instead of 1.

I then started clicking things at random, trying to find something that would change it. I went to Bar 1's settings and checked "Hide", then unchecked it. All the bars went wonky. Bar 1 did not go back to the same place it was before I checked "Hide", and the rest of the bars, though still anchored to one another, were a hodge-podge all together off to the right of the screen with it. I put them all back in place manually, and the previously inaccessible button worked fine.

So I solved my problem, but I'm not sure why that worked the way it did, and it doesn't seem like it was "working as intended," as Bliz reps like to put it. Just thought you might want to know, Lozareth, in case you can duplicate it and root out a bug somewhere. I think I gave enough info to duplicate, but please let me know if there's something I left out.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Strange error with a single button inaccessible