11-02-08, 01:38 PM   #1
armstrng
A Defias Bandit

Question Need help coping error message to submit

I am sure this is a very stupid question, and I am very sorry to even bother everyone with this. However, I have checked everywhere I can think of, clearly not everywhere, as I am sure the answer is somewhere here, but I just do not know how to copy the error messages while in WOW so that I can paste them for you brains to view. I am just a silly old lady, that just LOVES all your wonderful talent and these GREAT add-ons, but for the life of me, I just cannot figure out how to copy error messages, to paste. I am sure it is just a simple key function, could someone please inform me of what I need to do. Thank you for these wonderful add ons, and thank you for your help with my question.
11-02-08, 02:14 PM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
BugSack should work for you.

There are a couple others we can recommend if you try it and discover you don't really like the way Bugsack works.
11-02-08, 04:24 PM   #3
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I generally prefer swatter, and it has an easy-to-use system to let you select the entire message (which includes a lot of details) so that it can be copy-pasted somewhere else.

You can find Swatter at http://auctioneeraddon.com/dl/#release though I'm not sure if you can download it separately. (You can certainly use it without Auctioneer, though. Just only install the !Swatter folder).
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
11-02-08, 04:28 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
BugSack allows you to copy/paste the entire message, too. Difference between the two is that Swatter includes a list of addons you have enabled at the time the error occured. But that usually only causes to spam a forum post, as a list of addons should only be provided if additional info is required. But, they can always be removed from the report before you hit "post".
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-02-08, 06:00 PM   #5
armstrng
A Defias Bandit

Question Need help coping error message to submit

I wanted to thank you all for replying to my question. I actually have the auction suite add on, which Shirik posted has the add on "Swatter" add on in it. The problem I am having is that when the error pops up, the instructions (at bottom of window that opens) says to highlight and copy. I know how to highlight, however the copy part is the problem. After I highlight the error message, how do I copy it? I am sorry this is such a stupid question, but I just cannot figure it out, and it has been driving me crazy. Thank you again for your posts, I do greatly appreciate you all taking the time to help me.
11-02-08, 06:10 PM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You can use your standard operating system keyboard shortcuts.

For windows machines it would be Ctrl+C (for copy) and Ctrl+V (for paste).
11-02-08, 06:12 PM   #7
armstrng
A Defias Bandit

Smile Need help coping error message to submit

Thank you all very much for your help. This is wonderful!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Need help coping error message to submit