12-08-06, 10:03 AM   #1
Earthmover
A Murloc Raider
[REQUEST] Flexbar Replacement

First, let me begin by stating my problem. I have an extremely fast computer. SLi video cards, 2 GB ram, AMD FX processor etc...you get the idea. BUT, when in raids my FPS drops to near 10fps. I gave up a long time ago trying to figure out why this was happening, but with the recent 2.0 patch being released and reading up on Flexbar Ive heard reports that its very memory intensive and could be the cause of my severe drop in FPS. Now, I have every single totem that I've learned (Im a shaman) displayed on my main UI and each one has its own button (Im a clicker) This might be the reason why my FPS dropped so low seeing as how I had so many buttons on my UI. So I'm hear to request any advice on which mod I could use to replace Flexbar.

I havent given up on Flexbar, don't get me wrong, a new version hasn't been released and my UI feels very alien to me without my buttons. The mod I request must have similiar features as Flexbar. I.E. able to resize, move, lock etc each individual button and allow me to place it where I'd like. Ive read that Bartender3 and Bongo bars are good Flexbar replacements but no where on their pages does it mention the specific features im requesting. I don't want a row or column of buttons. I want Individual buttons that can be moved seperately.

Any ideas? I'm at work and unable to test mods at the moment and it seems like the past couple days when I get home these addon sites are bombarded with traffic and unsurfable.

Thanks in advance

-EM
12-08-06, 11:03 AM   #2
leftquark
A Murloc Raider
The only mod that gives you the ability to move individual buttons is flexbar. To be honest i don't know why you would want 120 buttons in random places. I would think that you have your buttons in some sort of line or shape.

I would reccommend looking into Trinity Bars (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ity_Bars.html). This gives you 10 "bars" of buttons that can range from 1 to 14 buttons on each bar. You can change their orientation (move them horizontal, vertical, put them in a circle, or put them in arcs). You can change the buttons from squares to circles. You can hide certain bars of buttons, you can change their size and spacing (read the documentation for how to do that).

Your other option is to use FlexBar2, which is in developement at http://www.wowace.com/files/FlexBar2/ . Please note that this version does NOT contain any slash commands, so you cannot group anything, you cannot show or hide, etc. You can move each individual button. This is an early beta and only has some functionality.

Actually, now that I think of it someone else wrote an addon to give you basic /flexbar commands (such as show/hide/group). It's not official but with Flexbar2 and the slash addon you should be able to get basic functionality. It can be found at: http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=3558

In reguards to your FPS issue. Some of the low FPS is caused just because WoW lags enough server side to cause your FPS to go down. Some of it has to do with the fact that it's a MMORG and it has to draw a million players around Orgimarr or whatever.

Flexbar2 is being re-written as an Ace2 addon. Ace2 addons provide very good performance as they use optimized libraries. If there's any low FPS after Flexbar2 then it's something else and not Flexbar.

I hope this helps.
12-08-06, 12:19 PM   #3
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Bongos can set the number of bars, with how many buttons you can have per bar, but it doesnt have any mapping functions or something, if that is what you want.
12-08-06, 01:03 PM   #4
mizrolist
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
And don't forget Bartender3...
12-08-06, 01:41 PM   #5
Earthmover
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the great suggestions guys. I actually JUST got done reading about Trinity Bars and I believe I will try that out when I get home. I have given Flexbar2 a shot and actually did know about the additional Slash Command addon for it. The only problem (other then it not loading my Flexbar settings) was the fact that when I hovered over the buttons no tooltip was displayed. At this time I'm unaware if this was user error or maybe a new restriction in Blizzards UI. Again, thanks for the great suggestions.

Also, I dont really have any FPS issues in or around major cities. It just seems to occur when in a raid running an instance. Hopefully this new patch fixed some unknown issue with hyperthreading or the like that I was unaware of. We'll see =)

-EM
12-08-06, 01:54 PM   #6
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I second the bartender 3 nod...Love the way this mod works.

I am looking or a mod similar to autobar or Call of Elements for my shaman totems?? ideas

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » [REQUEST] Flexbar Replacement