10-07-09, 11:11 PM   #121
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
To hell with WinZip or WinRar...get 7-Zip. It handles zip, rar, and many other compression/archival formats - it's also completely free...no nags to be seen.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
11-06-09, 10:41 AM   #122
Zukin
A Murloc Raider
Hi !
( Excuse me if I make mistake, I'm french... )
So. I wanted too install that UI : http://www.wowinterface.com/download...IforMages.html
So
I delete my folder Interface and my WTF folder and i replace it by the new folder Interface and WTF. So, I put my folder like that :
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Data\frFR\WTF
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Fonts
But it doesnt work ! that i don't have addon installed
The AddOns thing ( i don't know how to call it ) when I log-in is not here !
And Wowmatrix tell me
Thanks for helping !

Last edited by Zukin : 11-06-09 at 10:46 AM.
11-06-09, 11:04 AM   #123
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
First of all, the WTF folder goes directly inside your WoW folder, not inside the Data folder.
Code:
World of Warcraft\WTF
Second, since that UI page does not have instructions for installing, I will tell you this also:
  • Replace your Interface folder with the one that comes with the UI (don't just put the UI folders inside your current Interface\AddOns folder)
  • Make sure to rename the folders inside of the WTF folder to match your account name, your server, and your character

Third, that UI has not been updated since December of last year. You will need to updated the addons included and, at the very least, check "Load Out of Date Addons" at the addon selection screen.

If you don't wish to have to deal with updating the addons, then I suggest maybe trying this UI: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...blo3theme.html
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-09, 12:11 PM   #124
Zukin
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for your fast answer !
I did everything you just said, but it doesn't work.
I try with basic addons, it doesn't work at all.

I have to write my new Battlenet account right ?
And which character ?

Thanks for the UI, but i'd prefer a Mage UI and the problem i think is not the UI but my computer
11-06-09, 12:39 PM   #125
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, don't use your battle.net account. Use your actual WoW account name.

For server and character, use whichever you choose. You may even copy the server and character folders as many times as needed to rename them for all of your characters.

Please post the path to the .toc file of one of the addons in the compilation. You most likely just don't have the UI installed correctly if you don't even see the addons.

For example, Bagnon should be
World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Bagnon\Bagnon.toc
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-09, 12:48 PM   #126
Zukin
A Murloc Raider
Now the battlenet account is the wow account.
For Quartz :
C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\Quartz

But .toc is a file, not a folder, so i can't post the path to it. But I already check, there is one in all the addon folder.
Could you just try on your own computer and tell me if it's working please ?
11-06-09, 12:54 PM   #127
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No, the battle.net account isn't your WoW account (it's just what you use to log in with). People with multiple accounts can assign all of their accounts to one battle.net account, in addition to associating multiple games (Diablo, Starcraft) with their battle.net account. What you need to use in the WTF folder is your *actual* account name.

Back to the addon issue...
The .toc file should not be a folder, it's just a text file with a different extension (you can open it in Notepad). But I think it sounds like you have everything there correctly.

The next question is this: Right-click the shortcut you use to launch the game. Select Properties and see where it points to. This directory location should be the same as where you install addons to.

If that location does match where you've been putting your files, then what operating system are you using?

11-06-09, 01:19 PM   #128
Zukin
A Murloc Raider
It points to :
C:\Documents and Settings\World of Warcraft\"
OF COURSE !! I'm so stupid i have to install addon in that Wow not the other... I'm so so stupid !

Thanks for helping, i'm going to try with that

EDIT : there are a lot of folder like
WTF.20091030-142659
WTF.20091106-181055
and the basic WTF
The same with Interface :
Interface.20091106-181055
Interface

You think i can delete everything ?

Last edited by Zukin : 11-06-09 at 01:23 PM.
11-06-09, 01:55 PM   #129
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The ones with numbers after them (dates) are backup versions the game created when you ran the Repair tool. You can remove them.

11-06-09, 02:14 PM   #130
Zukin
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for all !
Just one last question : Should I delete Blizzard Addons ?
11-06-09, 06:16 PM   #131
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You can - the game will recreate them.

11-17-09, 01:31 AM   #132
khantwo
A Defias Bandit
Red face installing?

problem I am having,....
A
when I do log in,...i clicked the icon open, applied out of date sturf also,.....
looked like it was going to work..
still have no arrow on screen or quests showing.......why?
11-17-09, 09:59 AM   #133
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
1. what addons are you trying to install?
2. when you open your addons menu (where you click "load out of date", are they all listed there?

11-17-09, 10:06 AM   #134
khantwo
A Defias Bandit
Unhappy wow quest helper-----

1. what addons are you trying to install?
2. when you open your addons menu (where you click "load out of date", are they all listed there?
----
I have installed the wow quest helper---
and I did not see anything listed...it just said load them........I did not see anywhere a list was available....when they are done with tuesday maintenance I can log in and look again.
but this hasn't answered my problem.
05-12-10, 11:20 AM   #135
jumpenpanda
A Kobold Labourer
Am trying to download carbonite addon and right now nothing seems to work, or pop up window.

I clicked "download"
A screen pops up confirming of 'open', 'save', and 'cancel'
Usually in the past 'open' works fine and opens another window with the files in it
-> When I clicked 'open': A window pops up saying its downloading files, and says complete! And then nothing shows up; read above is what I usually recieve.

I tried clicking 'save' . . . nothing happens, nothing pops up, no new recent addons updated
This happened to all the addons I try to update
05-12-10, 01:54 PM   #136
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
When you click "save" (which is what you should do, btw), the .zip (or .rar, whatever format the addon is compressed to) gets downloaded to wherever you have your Browser set to download files to in its options. Then you will have to unzip/uncompress the file and move the folder into your AddOns folder in your WoW directory.

If you are unsure where your download location is set to, open up your browser's options/preferences window to see. Alternatively, you can search your computer for the name of the addon you have downloaded.

06-04-10, 10:32 AM   #137
momsdruid
A Kobold Labourer
vex inferface problems

I desperately need a new UI….. So I tried downloading one from your website, Vex interface (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Interface.html)

I followed the following instructions:

1. Download and extract VexInterface
2. Go to your WoW directory and backup your Interface and WTF folders.
3. Remove those folders from your WoW directory and replace them with the new Interface and WTF folders you downloaded.
4. Open the WTF folder and rename the following:

YourAccount -> to your account name
YourRealm -> to your server name
YourCharacter -> to your character name

5. Start the game and type the following to change addon profiles to Vexione - Stormscale

/bar (for Bartender)
/sldt (for Data Text)
/sexymap (Change Scale to around 75% because it starts out too big)

I copied my old interface and WTF file and placed them in a separate folder on my desktop. I deleted the interface and WTF file in my WOW directory. I downloaded and extracted vexinterface into separate file on my desktop. I copied the new interface and wtf files and placed them in my wow directory. I renamed the necessary files. I started the game and it still did not work. So I closed out and went to curse and updated all the addons. I also opened the /bar and /sldt file and copied the vexione -stormscale profile, but the /sexymap did not have the same profile to copy so i left that one alone. Do I need to do the same for every addon i downloaded as well... and if so how? these directions do not say to change profile for all the other addons and i do not know how to open or midify them. Sorry, just not extrememely computer savy.

Once I opened it again it was now better but not as in the picture. I have some boxes that are overlapping and I can’t figure out how to move them. Also my text is not in the place it should be. My UI currently looks like this now:

I did notice that in the text file that came with the download it says “1680x1050 ONLY!” I am not really sure what that mean though. Also…. Nothing shows up in the black boxes at the bottom like it should, or like it looks in the picture. Is this something I have configure myself… and if so .. how?

Last edited by momsdruid : 06-04-10 at 12:53 PM.
06-04-10, 01:00 PM   #138
Taryble
A Molten Giant

The "1680x1050 ONLY!" text refers to the screen resolution at which you run WoW. Vexione's UI is only designed to work with the screen resolution of 1680x1050, which is a widescreen monitor.

The screenshot you uploaded is in a resolution of 1024x768, which is a normal monitor - this means that your screen doesn't support the resolution that Vexione's UI was designed for.
07-13-10, 11:40 AM   #139
Lėnette
A Defias Bandit

Windows 7

Hi. I'm new here. I was reading through this thread and was trying to find a solution to my installation issues. I just got a new computer back in March. Unfortunately it has Windows 7 on it and I have no idea how to get to what I need on that thing to install it. I know how to do it on XP but that's about it. I'm not the most computer literate person either. I used to rely on my ex to handle this kinda stuff but well.. he's my ex now hehe.
07-13-10, 12:42 PM   #140
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Firstly, where is your copy of WoW installed to? If you're not sure, find the shortcut you use to open it (on your desktop perhaps) and right-click it. Then select "Open file location" (it's 3rd on my menu).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Having trouble installing addons?