03-05-09, 12:52 AM   #1
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Looking for a shopping list option for skills I don't have.

I absolutely love my TSI -Tradeskill Info- Addon but I'm looking for some industrious programmer to take it to the next level.

Say I'm just trolling throw the AH and spot this awesome "Titansteel Guardian." I go but find out they are selling it for 3kG . I discover from my tooltip that it's crafted. I then access my TSI and it tells me the guardian is made by a blacksmith and what regents it requires. This would allow a me (who is not a blacksmith) To make a shopping list much like ATSW or Skillet.

It could be activated by typing in "/farm [Titansteel Guardian]" --by left clicking the link into my chat box. Even having multiple quantities tracked together such as "/farm [Frostweave Bag]x5" would be very helpful.

What I'm envisioning this to do is to help me track the mats and then give me a little tell when it's completed -"Regeants for Titansteel Guardian have been collected". The display itself could either go by icons like loot count or text like farmfu. It could advise of bag/bank and guild bank quantities or even so far as alts. It would have to break down the regents but take into consideration if you have the upgrades (such as runecloth x 5 and bolts of runecloth x3)

I'm seeing the frame accessible by slash command or fubar/titan/minimap button. So you can see it if you are actively farming or have it hidden otherwise. Tabs at the bottom would allow users to have shopping list of multiple items like the entire Titansteel set or whatever and each would be on a separate page/tab.

It would be nice if this was global between alts so you can fill orders with excess mats.

It would be nice if like que options in skillet or ATSW so mats will be reserved for that item you want to make. This way when you have multiple items requiring the same regent it would show the your top priorities are filled first even if those of a lower priority require less materials.

I was also thinking a total regents tab either on the front or back of the frame. That way you can do a quick glace at what you need or have specifically on the regents.

Also a tooltip on the regent would be nice. So if you run you mouse over Frostweave Cloth in your bag, it could say "Reserved: Frostweave Bags x 5, Cloak of Frozen Spirits, etc". Maybe have a max of 3 lines in the tooltip or something. Just enough to give you a heads up, not a headache.

I'm thinking/knowing this is kind of alot, but I know it would be completely worthwhile to use.

Please feel free to ask questions or offer other suggestions. I know I have a big imagination, I just wish I had the skill as some of you guys out there to pull something like this off.

Last edited by nickyjean : 03-05-09 at 01:03 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Looking for a shopping list option for skills I don't have.