10-08-10, 12:45 PM   #1
bravejohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Easy switch through Different UI packs?

Hello.I was wondering if there is an easy way to change through lot of UI packs.Without having to change Interface and WTF...

For example a UI pack have 15 addons and another one have 20 and so on
So when I am at login screen and wanna check what addons wanna use is too hard to seperate addons through different packs everytime I want to switch to a different UI...

I can have Multiply Interface and WTF Folders, and every time rename them in order to run one UI, but this needs me to close wow completely and also I cannot use them in different characters, all my chars must use the same UI.

I can see 2 solutions.

1.Blizzard support "subfolders" into Interface folder, and in the login screen to be able to load addons from a subfolder...

2.A utility tha can unite multiply addons from a UI pack and make it as a single addon (wow will read it as a single addon).

Any of these two are possible right now?or any plans of any of these for the future?

Thank you.
10-08-10, 01:05 PM   #2
Khuul
A Murloc Raider
Umm, not sure but I think an addon called reflux may help you out.
10-08-10, 01:23 PM   #3
bravejohn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Reflux is to quickly load multiply profiles as far as I know.

the problem is that if for example I will install

LUI, Kitten UI, Elen UI

When I will be in the login screen and wanna choose what addons to run, I will have a noption of ~100 addons and I have to remember wich of them must load for the UI I wanna use.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...trolPanel.html

This addon, if it had an option to save set of addons, and quickly chose to load for example Set1 or set2 would be nice.

Edit. OMG, I am so Blind :P this addon have this option!!!!So maybe is what I am looking for!I ll check it out!

Update : There is a problem I cannot do this, as the addon settings of the UI are not only saved per character but per server also
WTF\ACCOUNT\ACCOUNT_NAME\Realm_Server\Character_Name
but also
WTF\ACCOUNT\ACCOUNT_NAME\Realm_Server

That mean that if the 2 different UI have at least one addon that both use them then this cannot hapen...
the only way is to use 1 UI per server... that made me sad

My wow Folder now look like this

whenever I have to switch UI I have to close game and rename Folders.
While with Addons Control Panel found a way to save sets of Addon, it looks imposible to keep 1 WTF Folder while Switching UI

Last edited by bravejohn : 10-08-10 at 01:48 PM.
10-08-10, 03:36 PM   #4
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am late for work. But i brought this up once before. If you check out my username for posts created by me you will find a link to a addon in there that worked for me at the time.
10-08-10, 03:39 PM   #5
Nobgul
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34877

The name of the addon was AddonLoader
10-11-10, 07:46 PM   #6
Zuggzugg
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Depending on how much you wish to play about (and assuming you are on Vista/Windows 7) you can make a Symbolic Link!
This is what I am using to make my UI (unfortunately my own PC is having a tantrum so raiding on my own rig is a nono with a none stock UI!).

Instructions can be found at:
http://www.nostockui.com/2010/03/mak...rface-sandbox/

All revolves round the 'DOS' command:

mklink /J "C:\Users\Public\Games\WoW Sandbox\Data" "C:\Users\Public\Games\World of Warcraft\Data"

At the moment I have 3 versions:

RaidUI (essential vanilla with DBM, Omen and RuneWatcher)
Leveling
ZuggUI Dev

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Easy switch through Different UI packs?