01-15-10, 10:05 AM   #1
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon that only change map fog?

Since Cartographer is about to be retired... I'm looking for a replacement... and can't find any for this only function.
Mapster just unconfigurable, AlphaMap has known issues that prevent it from using.
Suggestions?
01-15-10, 10:31 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
What do you mean Mapster is "unconfigurable"? It works perfectly fine for myself and tons of other users. What problems are you having with it?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-15-10, 01:18 PM   #3
NocturnalEnigma
A Kobold Labourer
I also needed to replace Cartographer and I found Mapster fitted the role perfectly. It is highly configurable and very easy to use. Take a look at the other addons recommended on the Mapster page to replace the other features of Cartographer. They all work very well together.
01-15-10, 01:51 PM   #4
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
What do you mean Mapster is "unconfigurable"? It works perfectly fine for myself and tons of other users. What problems are you having with it?
How to make it NOT remove map borders and NOT make map movable? (Not to mention - remove it's button from map frame).
From absolutely all Mapster functionality, I need only one feature, the rest is UNWANTED.
01-15-10, 05:22 PM   #5
Taryble
A Molten Giant

All of those are in the options. Mine has the borders still, altho' I prefer to keep it movable. :>
01-15-10, 05:33 PM   #6
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
All of those are in the options. Mine has the borders still, altho' I prefer to keep it movable. :>
I mean, the back borders by the sides in widescreen wow, not the window borders.
01-15-10, 06:09 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The black-out part? Honestly, I have no clue why Blizzard put that in there - you used to be able to see behind the map and sooo many people complained when you couldn't see where you were going anymore if you popped the map open for a sec.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-15-10, 06:38 PM   #8
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
The black-out part? Honestly, I have no clue why Blizzard put that in there - you used to be able to see behind the map and sooo many people complained when you couldn't see where you were going anymore if you popped the map open for a sec.
I don't care. I want maximum size map on my screen. With Mapster it's not possible, both top and bottom control buttons gets hidden behind UI details.
01-15-10, 10:29 PM   #9
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Replying just to the original question.
MozzFullWorldMap is standalone that only removes fog of war.
01-15-10, 10:38 PM   #10
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
for me, mapster seems unable to control fog on a minimized world map. if i try to alter the minimized map's location or alpha, the whole fog process ceases to function. from that point on, i get a full map frame with a visible border, at all times. reported this as a bug some time ago (over on curse), without effect.

so, i have gone back to using alphamap. whatever its other problems, it can provide a small fogged map correctly.

as an aside, i have also stopped using mobmap (it can't seem to place objectives graphics on any kind of map correctly for me right now). i have reverted to Blizzard's "quest finder" functionality for that purpose. doesn't help with generic mobs, but works fine for quest objectives.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"
01-15-10, 11:05 PM   #11
AnrDaemon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Replying just to the original question.
MozzFullWorldMap is standalone that only removes fog of war.
Perfect
The only thing why I missed that addon, is because it has so "obvious" name...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Addon that only change map fog?