Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-16-21, 11:11 AM   #1
RogueEugor
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Addon for making WOW more accessible for VI and Blind Players

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this,

I recently began playing WOW with my fiance. I've begun to dabble with some addon creation to make my life easier because I am completely blind. With the addition of the clientside TTS api, I can have the client read out information to me, such as my level, experience, my statistical information, etc. Currently, the addon has the following functionality:
1. Statistical announcements: The client has slash commands that can be placed on the action bars and keybound to favored keys to announce experience percentage, health, power, zone, subzone, and map coordinates.
2. TTS Target Tracking: When the player's target shifts, the name is announced along with its current health percentage, every 3 seconds there on forward, the target's health will announce assuming it has changed since the last iteration. This works for both friendly and hostile entities.
3. Party Health Monitoring: Your party's health is monitored as they shift through different stages of health. Each stage is 20% of their maximum health. Four unique sounds relate to a specific party member that pans from left to right depending on their health stage.
4. QuestNavAccessThe questlog can be reviewed while the map is open, using left shift and left ctrl to navigate the list, and left alt and right alt to read out the description and objectives.

To Do:

I'd like to be able to browse my inventory. If there's a way to loop through the names of what is in my inventory, and also retrieve their information, I can use the in game slashequip command to equip the items I want. This will also help with my next task I think, which is buying and selling at merchants.
I need to be able to review my spellbook, and make it possible to bind these to keys without the use of the mouse.
A system for navigating and selecting options within gossip dialogues to generate TTS.
Construct a way to utilize the navigation system purely with the keyboard, and convert pointer and distance information into TTS.
Add more statistical information for review.
Integrate party member pets into the party health monitor

I'm unsure how much of this I will be able to manage. I am fairly new to Lua and XML after all. Any assistance would be welcome. This is just some of the most basic functionality I would need to make the game more enjoyable. As it is, I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity the WOW addon support has given me. I've always wanted to be able to play a game like this with others. Even though I can't do a lot on my own right now, it only serves to enhance the experience when playing with another person. Hopefully in the future, I can put in more functionality so I can be a more independent player. Again, thanks for reading. Download the most recent release from https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...ss-Retail.html

Last edited by RogueEugor : 01-02-22 at 04:20 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon for making WOW more accessible for VI and Blind Players