04-05-08, 08:05 AM   #1
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
I screwed up with WAU

and updated with externals. Im still a noob with this stuff, so I was wondering if there is a way fix it w/o externals. Because it is taking forever to load up.
04-05-08, 01:27 PM   #2
ketran
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
fyi, a libarary will only be loaded once, so even if every addon has a copy of the same library it will be loaded for the first one but then all addons will use the loaded library and will not load any others

more than likely an addon is at fault, so try turning on warmup within mazzle then reloadui and see what takes the longest

and go from there
04-05-08, 02:06 PM   #3
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

I mentioned that the new Lightheaded is eating about 15MB alone compared to the old one that was taking like 3MB on peaks. Since the 2.4 patch and his addon update
04-06-08, 12:51 AM   #4
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by ketran View Post
fyi, a libarary will only be loaded once, so even if every addon has a copy of the same library it will be loaded for the first one but then all addons will use the loaded library and will not load any others

more than likely an addon is at fault, so try turning on warmup within mazzle then reloadui and see what takes the longest

and go from there
Warmup eh? Just heard of it now, sounds like what I am looking for.
BTW it was really only the first load in after the character select screen.
04-06-08, 09:04 AM   #5
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

warmup

Longest addon : Lightheaded
Biggest addon: Lightheaded (14591 KiB)
most garbage addon: Lightheaded (4991 KiB)

as i mentioned earlier for those who panics when memory usage is higher than they are used to see this single addon is to be disabled but personally i dont mind. Otherwise MazzleUI is still using 46Mb of memory on a full install just like Mazzle say on download page. And if you try other compilations youll see memory usage almost double and constantly grow longer you play
04-06-08, 09:15 AM   #6
sakiko
A Fallenroot Satyr

As i was typing this post Lightheaded was updated. I had release 219 and this morning version is the 229. The folders structure is changed again to look like to what it was before or similar and memory usage is back to about 600Kb. Warmup is a great tool =)
04-06-08, 09:30 AM   #7
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Just so everyone knows... in order to get a quick and dirty version of Lightheaded working with 2.4, they made it always load rather then be loaded on demand. That's why it has the high memory footprint right now. Normally the addon is modular and only loads the pieces you need when you need them. But right now the entire addon is being loaded all the time.
04-06-08, 09:58 AM   #8
Grinmaul
A Defias Bandit
I see a lot of concern all the time for how much memory is being used by addons, just wondering what the big deal is, i have been using all kinds of addons for a long time now and months ago i noticed my addon memory chewing up 170megs ingame, i was like wow i should fix that, but i also noticed no in game problems, still getting 60fps+ all the time, even in org or a raid, still have no problems healing that i can see, it seems to have effected absolutely nothing that i can tell.

so why worry?

i have been dieing to try out mazzle again but a look at the 2.4 thread make getting it to work a scary idea right now, i will wait till someone posts all the steps in updating in 1 post

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » I screwed up with WAU