03-29-08, 06:06 AM   #141
wildespace
A Murloc Raider
Can't get the final Mazzification button ("Finish Spell")

Bugsack error:

"1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:348: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'"
03-29-08, 07:00 AM   #142
jakgrant
A Murloc Raider
Just curious about progress on the 2.4 bugs

When a few more bugs are sorted out, will there be a new patch file that we can download from WoWInterface and elsewhere, like DeTard's pages ?

I've been reading this thread, and I certainly tried to correct things that were mentioned, but my whole Mazzle fails to work and set up, so I don't have it installed currently. I assume I must be doing something wrong, or there are certain files that are write protected (which I didn't check that yet). But I'm very unfamiliar with what I'm meant to do when I run wau itself to update certain addons. I've assumed I have to some how add Ace3 to the compilation, but there are half a dozen ace files along with Ace and Ace3, that I'm not sure are required.

The main gfx gui screwups I do get, is the animated figure of yourself, is up the top, all my chat boxes sit underneath the bottom of the mazzle gui, and nothing else is sitting in there.

I'll try a reinstall again sometime soon, and post a screen shot if that would help.

But certainly if someone can end up eventually putting a patch together to install over the top of 1.11 core and the 2.3 patches from DeTard. I didn't actually install the 1.11 patch 1 or whatever it was, not sure if that was needed.

Thanks in advance.

J.
03-29-08, 09:38 AM   #143
bacon360
A Theradrim Guardian
What's up with Ace3, I never installed it, whenever it came out. All I see are problems people are having with it installed. What advantages does it offer to get this anywho?
03-29-08, 10:14 AM   #144
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by ArchaicVampyre View Post
I would also like to mention that since my "accept changes" button never appears, I can get the basic Arabian Skin to appear, but that's all that will show up no matter what other skin I select. I also went back to see what bugbag says for the messing with the options in Mazz 3D. The following is the savedvariables file you requested. I hope it helps.... Below the copied file are the errors listed respectively (top to bottom) when disabling and re-enabling the Mazz3D options (Debugging not included)
Now I remember those errors... They are from trying to mazzify after a partially complete, but broken, mazziffication and reload.

Band Aid: Remove all mazzle savedvariables files. The MazzleUI ones should be sufficient but the Mazzifier ones don't hold anything more than your choices during mazzification. If you're not attached to your accumulated data, nuking the WTF folder is probably easiest.

Long term: I'll see what i can do to code a check for incomplete mazzification before fully loading MazzleUI

Originally Posted by blackghost View Post
hello,
i dont know mutch of pc and programs .
If i log in my account i can't mazzefy my char .
When i go to the lua files to change what say on page1/2
and wanna open file it say :

Windows cannot open file
File: !!MAZZLEUI_preloader.tbc
On windows select Notepad from that list.
Macs can use textedit
Linux users can use !@#$! (censored to prevent flamewar)

Originally Posted by wildespace View Post
Can't get the final Mazzification button ("Finish Spell")

Bugsack error:

"1.1\Mazzifier_Configs.lua:348: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'"
OP has link to instructions on page 7 of this thread.

Originally Posted by bacon360 View Post
What's up with Ace3, I never installed it, whenever it came out. All I see are problems people are having with it installed. What advantages does it offer to get this anywho?
It's been in testing for a while and they seem to have pushed it out with this patch. Some of the updated versions of the addons in MazzleUI now use this library. WAU or JWoWUpdater should download and install the needed libraries automatically.

At this point Ace3 and Ace2 are both required for all the mazzle addons to function properly.

Originally Posted by jakgrant View Post
When a few more bugs are sorted out, will there be a new patch file that we can download from WoWInterface and elsewhere, like DeTard's pages ?

I've been reading this thread, and I certainly tried to correct things that were mentioned, but my whole Mazzle fails to work and set up, so I don't have it installed currently. I assume I must be doing something wrong, or there are certain files that are write protected (which I didn't check that yet). But I'm very unfamiliar with what I'm meant to do when I run wau itself to update certain addons. I've assumed I have to some how add Ace3 to the compilation, but there are half a dozen ace files along with Ace and Ace3, that I'm not sure are required.

The main gfx gui screwups I do get, is the animated figure of yourself, is up the top, all my chat boxes sit underneath the bottom of the mazzle gui, and nothing else is sitting in there.

I'll try a reinstall again sometime soon, and post a screen shot if that would help.

But certainly if someone can end up eventually putting a patch together to install over the top of 1.11 core and the 2.3 patches from DeTard. I didn't actually install the 1.11 patch 1 or whatever it was, not sure if that was needed.

Thanks in advance.

J.
That sounds like either an incomplete install or loading mazzle after a failed (or no) mazzify.

At this point the install process is to follow DeTard's procedure before applying any change for 2.4.

There will be a patch file posted soon that incorporates all these changes but I'd like to have a couple more day to make sure we caught em all.
03-29-08, 10:37 AM   #145
Malphesus
A Defias Bandit
Ok, 90% of Mazzle is working. I still have some bugs on Mazzifying newer toons, but nuking the WTF file seems to be the best bet. I then restart the whole game and usually it resets mazzle and most of it works.
There are two things that are buggy.
1. The TrinketMenu is all the way to the left of the screen and sometimes in the middle of it and no amount of clicking, dragging, cursing or praying to the WoW gods helps. I end up disabling the menu in the end.
2. The chat window locations have been explained in these threads. Mine ends up as 3 superimposed black boxes on the left, which can be unlocked and moved to the appropriate position. But it's a slapdash patchy job that does not look nearly as nice as the original plan.

I am confused about why some characters, like my Warlock and Hunter, have no problems with window positions and whatnot with Mazzle and yet others have such difficulty with them. Is it because they were Mazzified before the patch? Am I not doing something right?
Anyhow, thanks again for your hard work and dedication to keep the best UI ever alive and well!
~ Malph
03-29-08, 11:31 AM   #146
Zenas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Recount

I know you have ALOT on your plate right now with the new patch. BUT is there anyway you can add Recount to your Mazzle package. I will say I love the package and all it offers.

Great job & keep up the good work!
03-29-08, 11:47 AM   #147
WornWoody
A Murloc Raider
Dr. Damage numbers missing from Bongos1 buttons

First, thanks for all the efforts in making MazzleUI usable with the 2.4 patch!

I have done a custom re-Mazzify on my toons since the 2.4 patch. I have edited the two Mazzle .laus, reconfigured the combat windows, re-customized my SCT settings the way I like them, etc. Things are looking pretty good... except Dr. Damage.

The Dr. Damage tooltips are working great, and I can make make changes to the display and see the changes right away. However, the Dr. Damage numbers no longer appear on my Bongos1 buttons. I have tried to custom re-Mazzify, but I can't figure out how to "re-do" Dr. Damage. I really do not want to do a complete re-Mazzify and remove the WTF and Interface folders because I have tweaked so many settings and have a lot of additional add-ons running.

Any ideas? Thanks!
03-29-08, 11:52 AM   #148
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Malphesus View Post
Ok, 90% of Mazzle is working. I still have some bugs on Mazzifying newer toons, but nuking the WTF file seems to be the best bet. I then restart the whole game and usually it resets mazzle and most of it works.
There are two things that are buggy.
1. The TrinketMenu is all the way to the left of the screen and sometimes in the middle of it and no amount of clicking, dragging, cursing or praying to the WoW gods helps. I end up disabling the menu in the end.
2. The chat window locations have been explained in these threads. Mine ends up as 3 superimposed black boxes on the left, which can be unlocked and moved to the appropriate position. But it's a slapdash patchy job that does not look nearly as nice as the original plan.

I am confused about why some characters, like my Warlock and Hunter, have no problems with window positions and whatnot with Mazzle and yet others have such difficulty with them. Is it because they were Mazzified before the patch? Am I not doing something right?
Anyhow, thanks again for your hard work and dedication to keep the best UI ever alive and well!
~ Malph
Interesting..... I'll take a look... I think i remember the chat windows being properly placed on complete mazzify when i tested on the PTR, but I haven't yet tried to mazzify since 2.4 went live.
03-29-08, 12:20 PM   #149
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by WornWoody View Post
First, thanks for all the efforts in making MazzleUI usable with the 2.4 patch!

I have done a custom re-Mazzify on my toons since the 2.4 patch. I have edited the two Mazzle .laus, reconfigured the combat windows, re-customized my SCT settings the way I like them, etc. Things are looking pretty good... except Dr. Damage.

The Dr. Damage tooltips are working great, and I can make make changes to the display and see the changes right away. However, the Dr. Damage numbers no longer appear on my Bongos1 buttons. I have tried to custom re-Mazzify, but I can't figure out how to "re-do" Dr. Damage. I really do not want to do a complete re-Mazzify and remove the WTF and Interface folders because I have tweaked so many settings and have a lot of additional add-ons running.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Now I understand that error more... I'd never turned on that feature in DrDamage... It may be that it won't work since this is a very old version of Bongos an DrDamage only supports Bongos2&3... if that's the case, it'll work again when i have a chance to update mazzle to Bongos3...
03-29-08, 03:35 PM   #150
Carthrix
An Aku'mai Servant
So whats up with combat logs and superinspect

My superinspect has worked until this patch and was anything ever said about how to fix the combat logs? How about witchunt? And what is up with Omen not working?
03-29-08, 04:23 PM   #151
WornWoody
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Aethenelle View Post
Now I understand that error more... I'd never turned on that feature in DrDamage... It may be that it won't work since this is a very old version of Bongos an DrDamage only supports Bongos2&3... if that's the case, it'll work again when i have a chance to update mazzle to Bongos3...
Thanks, Aethenelle! I've been thinking about migrating to Bongos 2 or 3. I used to use Bongos 2 before I started using Mazzle. I just hate to loose all the integrated goodness with Mazzle. I understand that it may be very tough to integrate Bongos 2 or 3 into Mazzle, but I hope you are successful!
03-29-08, 06:05 PM   #152
Vycar
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
When I post your "fixes" I get the following error:

[2008/03/29 20:02:57-7-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:409: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'

Any ideas?
03-29-08, 07:22 PM   #153
Arctic Squid
A Murloc Raider

Omen problems

Originally Posted by Carthrix View Post
My superinspect has worked until this patch and was anything ever said about how to fix the combat logs? How about witchunt? And what is up with Omen not working?
1st Post... Hopefully I help out... If not, tell me to hush it...

My Omen was not working either after I updated it using WAU. All I got was a static bar with a few large buttons on it. Not much help with threat...

Anyway, I did the following and all seems to be working now...

1. Open Omen

2. Click wrench looking button that says Configure Omen

3. On Display Options screen, select show test bars
- nothing should show on threat meter

4. Under Display Options, select Bars Window

5. On Bars Window screen, check the Autocollapse box
- Omen should now show several threat bars

6. You can play with other settings if you want at this point

The test threat bars will not disappear until you get into your first round of combat. After that they should work normally. At least mine did.

To everyone here, thanks for all the help. Love this UI. Only been playing WoW for 4 months. Using this UI for 2, and already can't imagine how I played before it...

Maehdras - Lvl 42 NE Hunter
Thoromir - Lvl 36 Dwarf Warrior
Dyabolik - Lvl 14 Gnome Lock

Stormrage - Armageddon
03-29-08, 07:30 PM   #154
Dree
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Question

Sixth... Lightheaded/nQuestLog/Cartographer_Waypoints... these are listed together because the problems is a mix of all three... The added feature of being able to link quests caused LightHeaded to be largely recoded this is causing at least two problems:
1. nQuestLog no longer properly opens Lightheaded when you select a quest.
2. Lightheaded doesn't properly create a waypoint in cartographer when a location is clicked.

Temporary solution:
remove the .svn folder from the nQuestLog folder
make sure WAU or JWoWUpdater are set to not split addons (this was the part breaking cartographer)
update from wowace.com (JWoWUpdater or WAU)
set the frame anchor for the nquestlog minion to TOPLEFT using the icon in FuBar
reposition to the corner it was in manually
This poses a unique problem. My husband's nQuestLog won't fully expand at all. Mine will expand, but I cannot get lightheaded to open when I select a quest. Neither of us, however, have any .svn file in our nQuestLog folder. (I'd also like to question the wording of this solution, as folders do not have extensions, files do. So I'm assuming you mean a file and not a folder.) At any rate, any other solutions?

09:33 LightHeaded: Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded\LightHeaded.lua:101: in function `GetBracket'
Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded\LightHeaded.lua:175: in function `LoadQuestData'
Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded\LightHeaded.lua:243: in function `GetQuestInfo'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:364: in function `runChildren'
Interface\AddOns\TabletLib\Tablet-2.0\Tablet-2.0.lua:2356: in function `children'
Interface\AddOns\TabletLib\Tablet-2.0\Tablet-2.0.lua:2850: in function `Refresh'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:137: in function `Update'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:116: in function <...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:114>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function `UpdateQuestDetail'
...dOns\nQuestLog\modules\DetailsFrame\DetailsFrame.lua:129: in function `ShowLog'
Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:380: in function <Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:377>
[C]: in function `ShowLog'
Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:312: in function `OnQuestLogClickQuest'
Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:162: in function `OnQuestLogClick'
[string "*:OnMouseDown"]:7: in function <[string "*:OnMouseDown"]:1>

09:33 LightHeaded: Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded\LightHeaded.lua:105: in function `GetBracket'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:364: in function `runChildren'
Interface\AddOns\TabletLib\Tablet-2.0\Tablet-2.0.lua:2356: in function `children'
Interface\AddOns\TabletLib\Tablet-2.0\Tablet-2.0.lua:2850: in function `Refresh'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:137: in function `Update'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:116: in function <...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:114>
(tail call): ?
[C]: in function `UpdateQuestDetail'
...dOns\nQuestLog\modules\DetailsFrame\DetailsFrame.lua:129: in function `ShowLog'
Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:380: in function <Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:377>
[C]: in function `ShowLog'
Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:312: in function `OnQuestLogClickQuest'
Interface\AddOns\nQuestLog\nQuestLogEvents.lua:162: in function `OnQuestLogClick'
[string "*:OnMouseDown"]:7: in function <[string "*:OnMouseDown"]:1>

09:33 LightHeaded: Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded\LightHeaded.lua:101: in function `GetBracket'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:137: in function <...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:128>
[C]: ?
Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:368: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:345>

09:33 LightHeaded: Interface\AddOns\LightHeaded\LightHeaded.lua:105: in function `GetBracket'
...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:137: in function <...rface\AddOns\nQuestLog\modules\Comments\Comments.lua:128>
[C]: ?
Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:368: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ace2\AceEvent-2.0\AceEvent-2.0.lua:345>

Last edited by Dree : 03-29-08 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Added error text for my lightheaded.
03-29-08, 07:45 PM   #155
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Dree View Post
Neither of us, however, have any .svn file in our nQuestLog folder. (I'd also like to question the wording of this solution, as folders do not have extensions, files do. So I'm assuming you mean a file and not a folder.) At any rate, any other solutions?
Folders don't have extensions but can still be called ".svn" or any other legal name. They do mean a folder. Note that you have to have Windows set up to show hidden folders if you want to see if it is really there.
03-29-08, 07:50 PM   #156
LadyLarke
A Murloc Raider

Other than that, seems stable.
03-29-08, 08:50 PM   #157
creacherman
A Defias Bandit
This poses a unique problem. My husband's nQuestLog won't fully expand at all. Mine will expand, but I cannot get lightheaded to open when I select a quest. Neither of us, however, have any .svn file in our nQuestLog folder. (I'd also like to question the wording of this solution, as folders do not have extensions, files do. So I'm assuming you mean a file and not a folder.) At any rate, any other solutions?
All I did was update nQuest and Lightheaded and all is working for me!
03-29-08, 09:43 PM   #158
Arctic Squid
A Murloc Raider

Quest probs

Originally Posted by creacherman View Post
All I did was update nQuest and Lightheaded and all is working for me!
Same for me.

I installed the latest nQuest and I was having a problem with the hook being top right (easy enuff fix) and the lightheaded window wasn't opening.

I installed the latest lightheaded and now it opens, but the windows are overlapping. Easy to move around. Doesn't look as good as it did when Mazzle configured it, but it's functional.

BTW, I used WAU and chose With Externals and deleted the original addons.

Good Luck...
03-29-08, 10:22 PM   #159
Zenas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Omen2

I know for me to get Omen2 to work I had to install Ace3. After that it seems to work fine alone with all the other things from Ace.
03-29-08, 11:16 PM   #160
Aethenelle
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Carthrix View Post
Actually your superinspect was off on dmg and healing due to the filters it used not bing updated...

The combat logs can be fixed by removing SCL and replacing with Combat Filter (an Ace mod). You'll have to configure it by hand for now, though.

Wutchhunt: details are in the OP for a band aid fix...

Omen: they are making 3-5 updates to Omen a day... make sure you update before logging in.

Originally Posted by WornWoody View Post
Thanks, Aethenelle! I've been thinking about migrating to Bongos 2 or 3. I used to use Bongos 2 before I started using Mazzle. I just hate to loose all the integrated goodness with Mazzle. I understand that it may be very tough to integrate Bongos 2 or 3 into Mazzle, but I hope you are successful!
Gimme some time and I'll get Bongos3 integrated.... Buncha bugs come first... then the shiny...

Originally Posted by Vycar View Post
When I post your "fixes" I get the following error:

[2008/03/29 20:02:57-7-x1]: Mazzifier-1.1\Mazzifier.lua:409: Couldn't find CVar named 'UnitNamePlayer'

Any ideas?
that's one of the lines that's supposed to be fixed... ;P

I smell a Mac user...(I love my Mac) Macs, and other *nix systems, hide any file, folder or directory that begins with a ".". to remove open the terminal changed directories to the nQuestLog folder and type "rm -rf ./.svn" (it might be capitalized - i don't remember). Or, take the cheap easy way out and delete nQuestLog all together from your addons folder and reinstall through WAU or JWU...

Originally Posted by Zenas View Post
I know for me to get Omen2 to work I had to install Ace3. After that it seems to work fine alone with all the other things from Ace.
Yup Omen2 requires Ace3... Not sure why WAU missed that...

The #1 rule after a patch... Update early and often!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread