03-01-09, 09:37 AM   #1
Minou
A Fallenroot Satyr
Which UI scale is the 'best' for my resolution?

Hi,

After seeing many addons where the unitframes/buttons and bars look extremely crisp and sharp, I wonder if there is an 'optimum' UI scale for my 1680x1050 resolution.

I'm at 0.8 UIScale at the moment, should I set it to another value?
03-01-09, 09:55 AM   #2
Aesir
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Depends on a number of variables, few of which are consistent between users and computers running at that resolution. One big variable is your monitor. 1680x1050 at 22" is going to be different than if you were running that resolution on a 24" monitor. If you and I don't have the same exact monitor, then my experience will differ from yours. Other variables include the ambient lighting where you play, your eyeballs, etc.

I also run 1680x1050 on a 22" monitor. For me, 0.8 UI Scale is about the lowest I can go and still be able to read text and see icon text at default settings. But even then, I can work around some of that issue by increasing font or other UI element sizes within each respective addon and the chat frame, since some addons have their own scale settings relative to the WoW UI scale factor.

To me, the UI, buttons, etc. really pops at a scale of 1.0 though. But this tends to take up too much screen real estate to be of practical use. But, like you, I'm still tweaking. And from one day to the next I may change scale factors around.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Which UI scale is the 'best' for my resolution?