10-17-08, 09:32 AM   #1
pawprint45
A Defias Bandit
Auctioneer help/questions

I downloaded the updated version of auctioneer. It doesn't have an auctioneer folder like the old version or at least it didn't download as part of the zip file. I have not been able to get the suite to work at all, even though I deleted the old auctioneer before installing the latest version. It's installed to my interface/addons folder like the rest of my addons. Any suggestions?
10-17-08, 06:35 PM   #2
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Exclamation Infected?

I think i read on the official forums that this was infected with a virus, however i'm not 100% sure :/ Just, heads up.
10-18-08, 10:47 AM   #3
Tweeker
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Auto Post

Back when the advanced suite was released, I looked at it for a bit, and could not figure out how to do auto posts..

So I switched back to Classic Suite, which enabled me to hold down alt & shift then left click an item from my bags, and it would post the auction for me. I never had to let off the alt & shift key, and could run through 200 auction posts in under a minute.

I have not figured out yet how to do this with the Advanced Suite.. and now that the new patch came along, I went to norganna's site looking for an update to the classic suite, low and behold there will not be one!

Would someone please help me in learning how to do the similar task with auctioneer advanced suite?

Igor's mass auction also did this for me... but became incompatible a looong time ago.

What I have noticed is... there is a check box at the top right of the appraisal window that is default UNCHECKED and I have to check the box for EVERY item in my bags... making it so I would have to spend weeks at this to "teach" auctioneer advanced which items I wish to batch post.

I am hoping there is a faster way.
10-18-08, 11:30 AM   #4
Nechckn
Premium Member

Premium Member
Featured
All,

Just to be clear- Auctioneer does not have any sort of virus.

We go to great lengths to ensure that the project has never had such an issue - as do the folks here at WoWInterface.

Regards,

Nikk

Edit: As we explained to Tweeker on our IRC channel, if anyone wants to batch post, for now it's enabled per item by checking the small box in the upper-center portion of Appraiser. We have the request for making that default to on and will try to get that added when we have the time to do so.

Last edited by Nechckn : 10-18-08 at 12:00 PM.
10-18-08, 11:31 AM   #5
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
Originally Posted by Beezleboss View Post
I think i read on the official forums that this was infected with a virus, however i'm not 100% sure :/ Just, heads up.
I have no idea where you read this from, but this isn't even remotely accurate. The forums have never said anything even close to this. The problem is not in any way related to malicious code.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
10-18-08, 11:53 AM   #6
Aesir
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by pawprint45 View Post
I downloaded the updated version of auctioneer. It doesn't have an auctioneer folder like the old version or at least it didn't download as part of the zip file. I have not been able to get the suite to work at all, even though I deleted the old auctioneer before installing the latest version. It's installed to my interface/addons folder like the rest of my addons. Any suggestions?

Follow the instructions for installation here:
http://wiki.norganna.org/Auctioneer/Installing
A few have had issues if they chose to skip a step or two.

Here is a link for the 3 or 4 monster changes a Classic user will see in the new Auctioneer.
http://wiki.norganna.org/Adaptation_...oneer_Advanced

Since Beezleboss managed to derail your topic so completely, we need to start from the beginning.

HTH
10-20-08, 01:12 AM   #7
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
The interface is totally different. To start scanning, on the Browse tab, hit the "play" button (right-pointing triangle) up by the top of the window. Then wait a little bit, but not very long -- it scans way faster. When it's done, Appraiser is the window for doing posts. If you have more loot than time, select everything you want to sell, check the "enable batch posting" checkbox, and then hold down ctrl-alt-shift and click "Batch Post".

Woot! You have sold everything in your bags to gullible people!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Auctioneer/Enchantrix/Gatherer » Auctioneer help/questions