02-15-11, 11:46 AM   #1
mozz90
A Murloc Raider
Minimap Zoom

I can't find a Minimap addOn that boost the Zoom Out,i use carbonite only for that feature,but i want to switch to a lighter addon like Mapster or something like that,but the orogina WoW map is 2 tiny and 2 much zoomed for me
02-15-11, 01:51 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by mozz90 View Post
I can't find a Minimap addOn that boost the Zoom Out,i use carbonite only for that feature,but i want to switch to a lighter addon like Mapster or something like that,but the orogina WoW map is 2 tiny and 2 much zoomed for me
Depending on what addons you have loaded, you should have a plus "+" and minus "-" minimap button showing on your screen. These work with Blizzards minimap to zoom in and out. You should also be able to "scroll zoom" Blizzards minimap zoom. The same symbols also appear on the tool bar for Carbonites map, but those only apply to the Carbonite map. I don't know if there is actually a way to get Blizzards minimap to zoom out farther than the maximum allowed by those buttons. An interesting fact is that the graphics that Carbonite uses for its' maps actually are a part of the World of Warcraft programing.

That being said, you might want to have a look at Squeenix. It's a very light-weight minimap addon that allows for several things, one of which is the ability to scale the over-all size of the Blizzard minimap. That might help you with the minimap.

I'm sorry, but I must add one more thing: If you are doing questing and are only using Carbonite for its map, you are missing out on a large amount of help for your quests, since that is actually Carbonites primary function and, in my opinion, it does it very well.
02-16-11, 02:00 PM   #3
mozz90
A Murloc Raider
Nah i've already 3 85 i'll not spend no more days to kill pygms in Uldum i'll this addOn and post my opinions in a couple of days,ty for the reply ^^

P.S i use carbonite for the high minmap zoom as i said before,and also for some pvp features,even if i play in a normal-type realm. I don't like the Shift+left click BG minimap,i don't like the view of the bases in AV for expample,they're too tiny and then Carbonite also shows you if ur party/raid members are in combat and which kind of enemy they'0re fighting with,and this for a rogue is a nice feature

EDIT i hope the project is still goin on 'cause last release is for 4.0.1

EDIT 2 i don't like it,it's like all other map addons,what i was lookin for it's a mod that increae only minimap max zoom,like carbonite. Squeenix is like mappy,mapster and so on,it has the maxium zoom like wow round map :S

Last edited by mozz90 : 02-16-11 at 03:17 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Minimap Zoom