08-25-23, 03:32 PM   #1
kiriloiglica
A Murloc Raider
Arrow [Classic Era] "Classic Profession Filter" addon fixed or similar one!

Hey, there was this cool and very simple Classic Era addon for professions called "Classic Profession Filter". It wasn't updated since '21 but it worked just fine until latest Classic Era patch (1.14.4).

Basically addon added search bar to default Profession window to filter by recipe names and mats names and it had a checkbox to show only recipes for which you have mats in your bags - that's all.

From what I can see this addon is not uploaded on WoWInterface but it's on CF, hopefully it's fine to link it: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...ofessionfilter

Is there a similar, simple and lightweight, addon that works for Classic Era 1.14.4 or maybe someone could fork and fix "Classic Profession Filter" addon?

Thanks a lot!
08-26-23, 04:32 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I have a personal addon that basically does this. Right now, it only works in WotLK Classic, but I was looking at what it would take to backport it to Classic Era. It was originally made for TBC Classic, but I had discarded parts that WotLK natively implemented.
08-27-23, 08:53 AM   #3
kiriloiglica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
I have a personal addon that basically does this. Right now, it only works in WotLK Classic, but I was looking at what it would take to backport it to Classic Era. It was originally made for TBC Classic, but I had discarded parts that WotLK natively implemented.
Hey, thanks for the reply!

Well if you got time it would be awesome if you could adapt your addon to Classic Era 1.14.4 or maybe look into "Classic Profession Filter" / "Sigma Profession Filter" addons that don't work anymore after the patch. Addon really needs only Search Box to filter recipe list by recipe names/materials names and checkbox to filter and show only recipes with mats you have in bags ready to be crafted.

As far as I understood Classic Era 1.14.4 patch completely broke most of Classic Era addons as they upgraded client/backend so maybe even porting your WotLK version won't take much time/effort.

I also posted on WoW Classic sub-reddit and few ppl commented they also are looking for similar lightweight addon so there's a demand and there's next to no hope those two mentioned addons get updated as authors are inactive for 2 years or so. You could also "officially" release your addon, there are ppl like me who would greatly appreciate such addon that works for Classic Era 1.14.4+.

Thanks anyhow!

Last edited by kiriloiglica : 08-27-23 at 08:59 AM.
09-03-23, 09:30 AM   #4
kiriloiglica
A Murloc Raider
Anyone?

There's still no alternative and none of mentioned addons got updated yet.
09-03-23, 11:06 AM   #5
glupikreten
A Theradrim Guardian
isnt this what you are looking for?

https://legacy.curseforge.com/wow/ad...nfilter-hotfix
09-03-23, 03:41 PM   #6
kiriloiglica
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by glupikreten View Post
isnt this what you are looking for?

https://legacy.curseforge.com/wow/ad...nfilter-hotfix
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

It is, thanks a lot - lifesaver!

(for some reason CF didn't show that hotfix version in search list yesterday, I've been checking every day since patch!)

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Search/Requests » [Classic Era] "Classic Profession Filter" addon fixed or similar one!