01-03-19, 02:46 PM   #1
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Azerite traits

Is there a way to discover programmatically what traits are available on the equipped Azerite gear? For example on my Warlock I have "Cascading Calamity" which gives me a Haste buff if I cast two Unstable Affliction spells on the same target. Is there a way to know that some piece of equipped Azerite gear has this trait? I do not think if I can go by name since same traits appear on different items.

Edit: other than scanning the tooltip I suppose...
01-03-19, 03:04 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/azeritetooltip

If you're wanting to display it somewhere like as a data text or something then you're going to have to scan the tip.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
01-03-19, 05:20 PM   #3
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
https://wow.curseforge.com/projects/azeritetooltip

If you're wanting to display it somewhere like as a data text or something then you're going to have to scan the tip.
OK, got the code and need to experiment maybe use the "C_AzeriteEmpoweredItem." functions. Where are these documented though?
01-03-19, 04:33 PM   #4
doofus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I tried to parse the tooltip on the items I am wearing, or items in my bags. Unfortunately the game tooltip returns blanks for the azerite gear as if I have not chosen any traits.

Functions such as:

itemInBag = GetContainerItemLink(bagId, bagSlot);

_, itemLink = GetItemInfo(itemInBag);

invItemLinkHead = GetInventoryItemLink("player", 1); -- head

All the above return a link to the "base" item, never appears as "soulbound" and no azerite traits selected. I had a similar tooltip problem some time ago and could not discover if an item in my bags was soulbound, if it said "binds when equipped".

I do not know why my on-the-fly tooltip is not the same as Blizzard's and it displays the base item rather than the exact item, soulbound and with whatever traits selected.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Azerite traits