02-10-10, 11:26 AM   #1
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

BUFX broken, any alternatives?

I've been using BUFX since it was released, but patch 3.3 seems to have broken it. I've posted about the error in the BUFX comments section and created a bug report, but it seems as if the author isn't actively maintaining addons anymore.

Anyways, I've tried looking for an alternative, but I can't seem to find anything that quite fits to what I want. I've looked at Perl Classic, X-Perl, Stuf, Snowfall, PitBull and quite a few other Unit Mods, but nothing looks to be what I'm after. So now, after much searching, I figured that maybe I should try asking other players to see if anyone knows of an addon that can replace BUFX.

I'm not really looking for a complete Unit Frame replacement, just something that adds to the default Unit Frame in a similar way to BUFX. It would be great if someone was able to fix BUFX, or maybe post a solution on how to fix it, but I think that may be asking for or expecting too much! I do use Adapt as well, which I want to keep so any suggested replacement for BUFX would need to be compatible with Adapt.

So people, any possible suggestions please?
02-12-10, 04:44 AM   #2
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Almost 40 views and zero replies! So does this mean that BUFX was unique and there is simply nothing currently available that could replace it?
02-12-10, 05:38 AM   #3
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I would say BUFX is unique
Haven't seen a unitframe addon that does this in a long time.
Have you tried looking over at curse?

Dunno how to fix it, so can't help you there
02-12-10, 06:41 AM   #5
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by ckramme View Post
I would say BUFX is unique
Haven't seen a unitframe addon that does this in a long time.
Have you tried looking over at curse?

Dunno how to fix it, so can't help you there
Yeah, it does appear that BUFX is now a unique addon. There used to be a few similar addons around, but that's going back a few years now! I have tried Curse, without any success so far, but I continue to search.

Thanks for those links, hadn't come across them before. Unfortunately they don't really do what I want, but they could be handy for future reference!
02-12-10, 10:27 AM   #6
kneeki
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
BUFX is broken? I've been using it for ever it feels like, and even now. Still works fine

I've since modified it's code a touch to shorten the HP of my targets though... What's your error your getting?
02-12-10, 03:00 PM   #7
Grizzly UK
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by kneeki View Post
BUFX is broken? I've been using it for ever it feels like, and even now. Still works fine

I've since modified it's code a touch to shorten the HP of my targets though... What's your error your getting?
I posted in the BUFX comments and created a bug report:
Since 3.3 this is no longer working properly for me and my friends. The target frame is no longer being moved which results in the health and mana readouts from the player frame and target frame overlapping each other.

On log in I get this error message:
"BUFX-1.09\\BUFX.lua:289: attempt to index global 'TargetFrameTexture' (a nil value)\nBUFX-1.09\\BUFX.lua:131: in function <Interface\\AddOns\\BUFX\\BUFX.lua:124>\n(tail call): ?:\n<in C code>: ?\n<string>:\"safecall Dispatcher[1]\":9: in function <[string \"safecall Dispatcher[1]\"]:5>\n(tail call): ?:\nAceAddon-3.0-5:539: in function `EnableAddon'\nAceAddon-3.0-5:629: in function <...s\\AckisRecipeList\\libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:615>\n<in C code>: in function `LoadAddOn'\nAtlasLoot-|cffFF8400AtlasLoot Enhanced v5.09.02|r\\Core\\AtlasLoot.lua:1254: in function `AtlasLoot_LoadAllModules'\nAtlasLootReverse-1.7\\AtlasLootReverse.lua:76: in function <...terface\\AddOns\\AtlasLootReverse\\AtlasLootReverse.lua:60>\n(tail call): ?:\n<in C code>: ?\n<string>:\"safecall Dispatcher[1]\":9: in function <[string \"safecall Dispatcher[1]\"]:5>\n(tail call): ?:\nAceAddon-3.0-5:539: in function `EnableAddon'\nAceAddon-3.0-5:629: in function <...s\\AckisRecipeList\\libs\\AceAddon-3.0\\AceAddon-3.0.lua:615>\n<in C ",

"code>: in function `LoadAddOn'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\UIParent.lua:234: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\UIParent.lua:257: in function `CombatLog_LoadUI':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\UIParent.lua:481: in function <Interface\\FrameXML\\UIParent.lua:453>:\n\n ---",
If I select a NPC/player as my target I get these 2 error messages:
"BUFX-1.09\\BUFX.lua:248: attempt to index global 'TargetFrameTexture' (a nil value)\n(tail call): ?:\n<in C code>: in function `TargetFrame_CheckClassification'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:113: in function `TargetFrame_Update':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:138: in function `OnEvent':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\UnitFrame.lua:417: in function <Interface\\FrameXML\\UnitFrame.lua:415>:\n<in C code>: in function `TurnOrActionStop'\n<string>:\"TURNORACTION\":4: in function <[string \"TURNORACTION\"]:1>\n\n ---",
"BUFX-1.09\\BUFX.lua:248: attempt to index global 'TargetFrameTexture' (a nil value)\n(tail call): ?:\n<in C code>: in function `TargetFrame_CheckClassification'\nInterface\\FrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:113: in function `TargetFrame_Update':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\TargetFrame.lua:138: in function `OnEvent':\nInterface\\FrameXML\\UnitFrame.lua:417: in function <Interface\\FrameXML\\UnitFrame.lua:415>:\n<in C code>: in function `CameraOrSelectOrMoveStop'\n<string>:\"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE\":4: in function <[string \"CAMERAORSELECTORMOVE\"]:1>\n\n ---",
Any ideas on what could be causing this?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BUFX broken, any alternatives?