10-22-12, 09:37 PM   #1
ohamandalynn
A Defias Bandit
Action bar help?

I'm brand new to WoW. I recently leveled up to 12. As soon as I did, I gained three new abilities. Then my action bar immediately changed to a smaller, completely different looking bar, only consisting of those three abilities. But I can't add any other abilities to it. I want to go back to the old action bar, but I can't change it, nor can I even add other action bars.

Here's what the bar looks like: Photo

Can anyone help me figure out how to go back to the old one?
I've scoured so many forums and youtube videos and I have yet to see anything like this. Maybe I'm just being a total noob here and it's an easy fix, but I've tried everything I possibly can. Some help would be greatly appreciated! (:
10-22-12, 09:44 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Welcome to WowInterface, ohamandalynn.

That action bar would show up if you were on a certain quest. Those are the abilities to use for that quest. Your normal action bar should show back up when you finish it. There are several quests/vehicles that will change your action bar, and there are various styles of art to go around them.

I hope that this helps!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-22-12, 09:59 PM   #3
ohamandalynn
A Defias Bandit
Ah! Thank you so much! That worked perfectly! I feel sort of stupid now, but now I know if that ever happens again. (:
10-22-12, 10:23 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
No worries!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-11-12, 12:10 PM   #5
jtrag
A Murloc Raider

Talking

The same thing happened to me. I almost lost it when I couldn't figure out why my action bar was messed up. When I finally finished the quest I was on it went back to normal and I felt like such an idiot. LOL
02-11-24, 11:11 PM   #6
AmocoLiz
A Kobold Labourer
Did you find it challenging to adapt to these quest-specific action bars, and how did you feel after realizing it was related to a specific quest?

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » Action bar help?