05-29-05, 05:15 PM   #1
teko
A Murloc Raider
totems in Recap mod

Does the recap mod combine totem damanges (searing, nova, magma) and heals (mana, health) to the shaman caster?

I also use the DamageMeters Mod, this one seem to separate totems and pets combat stats, but I have no idea about Recap Mod. I read that pets can be joined with the hunters in v1.5, but what about the totems?
05-29-05, 08:53 PM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Totems do not add to the shaman The mod gathers sources of damage from combat spam, and from that it can't tell who's totem did the damage.

Pets are being tied more tightly to their owners in the next client patch. So the mod can quickly check if a name it saw belongs to anyone.

There is an alternative by getting mouseover information (it seems that just about everything gets mouseovered in a fight at least once). The class/faction icons were partly a test of this method. So it may be possible in the future, but it wouldn't reliably catch all totems and like pets of the same name it won't be able to distinguish from combat spam who's totem did what damage if there are multiple shamans casting the same totems.
05-30-05, 01:44 AM   #3
teko
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the explanation.

Maybe for future releases you can add an option to include/not to include totems in the stats as a separate entity, so it will be like...

1. Player1
2. Player2
3. Player3
4. SearingTotem(Rank1)

etc

or is this kinda useless?

i love the mod, btw
keep up the good work

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » totems in Recap mod