05-19-05, 12:03 PM   #1
domyrat
A Murloc Raider
Shadow Protection spell (all party buff)

Please help me to make a macro that will buff a whole party with that Shadow Protection spell priests have..

Thanx
05-19-05, 08:28 PM   #2
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this:

/script c=CastSpellByName s="Shadow Protection(Rank 3)"function b(u)for i=1,10 do x=UnitBuff(u,i)if x and strfind(x,"adow_AntiSha")then return nil end end TargetUnit(u) return 1 end if b("player")then c(s)end for i=1,4 do if b("party"..i)then c(s)end end

Exactly 255 characters so may want to copy/paste to preserve shortcuts.

edit: You'll have to hit the macro 5 times to buff a group of 5. If someone in the group doesn't have the buff, next push of the macro should buff them with it.

Last edited by Gello : 05-19-05 at 08:31 PM.
05-21-05, 08:23 AM   #3
domyrat
A Murloc Raider
Is there a way to do it with timer, so after one spell cast on one party member, wait few sec (how long that cooldown lasts)then cast on another and so on, cast on myself the last.
05-21-05, 09:28 AM   #4
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
No. Every cast must have a hardware event (mouse or keyboard). There is no way around it: you will be hitting a key or clicking the mouse 5 times to cast a spell 5 times.

Which key triggers it can change to make it seem more automatic, but something like that wouldn't fit in a single macro's 255-character limit.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Shadow Protection spell (all party buff)