05-11-05, 04:43 PM   #1
Freeda
A Defias Bandit
Exporting data from WoW?

I'm in charge of a guild bank and I have set up a page on a website that displays the current inventory of our guild bank char. However this is rather time consuming so I am going to try and make an addon that would read the contents of the backpacks and the bank vault. I know this can be done, thottbot and others export data that is sent to their server.
I have spent some hours reading about addons and Wow-commands and I still don't know how to do it. It doesnt matter that I have to transfer the data myself, just as long as I can get it out of the game.

Also, I would like to display the data like they do on sites like thottbot, with an icon and a rollover function like the one in-game (tooltip). Making the tooltip appear is trivial, just a little scripting, but I was wondering how the images are collected, are they collected while playing or do I have to pull them out of the MPQs and convert the BLP files manually and have them all hosted on my website. I vaguely remember seeing that some of the data you can access is the item texture, but that is probably just the name of the texture file and not the texture itself?

Hope someone can assist me or at least point me in the right direction.

Last edited by Freeda : 05-12-05 at 09:47 AM.
05-11-05, 06:17 PM   #2
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Have you looked at the other threads on this to see if anyone made any headway? I know someone else was trying to do the same thing.
05-11-05, 06:51 PM   #3
Freeda
A Defias Bandit
I have tried searhing this and other forums, and Google, of course, but maybe I didn't know what to look for excactly since I didn't find anything related to this.
05-11-05, 08:40 PM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Inokis
Have you looked at the other threads on this to see if anyone made any headway? I know someone else was trying to do the same thing.
Do you remember where you saw the threads Inokis? Perhaps you could link them if you do?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
05-11-05, 09:55 PM   #5
imajinx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
http://www.curse-gaming.com/mod.php?addid=1124

05-12-05, 03:27 AM   #6
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is the thread I was referring to specifically:

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222
05-12-05, 09:50 AM   #7
Freeda
A Defias Bandit
Thanks for the links! They didn't answer my questions directly but they led me to other links that have gotten me started. When I make some progress I will post it here for others to see.

In the meantime please feel free to add to this thread since there are many issues I still don't have a clue about

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Exporting data from WoW?