03-26-05, 10:20 AM   #1
Jeff
A Defias Bandit
You call these Interfaces??

Come on now.. I have yet to see any change to the interface you are all just switching around the buttons in a diffrent order or make them do diffirent things. Really the only mod that changes the way it looks from what I see is Nufered. He has a good thing started with changing the player and target windows. I would like to see some of the interfaces like what they did in EQ. Also the tab buttons that switchs your chat windows. Well lets see who comes up with something.
03-26-05, 10:48 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Remeber that modifications to Blizzard's UI are still in the early stages. It took quite some time after SOE made their UI customizable before you started seeing a lot of graphical changes. The early stages there, too, were placement and what not. Give it time. And hey, why not try your hand at making one, too?

(Oh, btw, the player and target window in Nurfed are actually from Katalin's MiniGroup)
03-26-05, 11:49 AM   #3
Jeff
A Defias Bandit
I know just trying to get someone to start working at it. As for me making one, i dont have the time to mess with stuff like that. Plus with every patch it seems like every Interface needs updated nah ill pass. Didnt know that was taken from another UI from his website you would think he made it LOL. Oh well. Stay safe everyone and keep up the good work.
03-26-05, 12:49 PM   #4
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I change the player windows and such around. I just haven't been able to turn them into addons yet. For those not coding proficient its tough figuring out the LUA's to do much. I basically learn from example.
03-26-05, 03:29 PM   #5
mondinga
A Theradrim Guardian
Any graphical changes period require a good knowledge of the Blizzard UI, and skinning default interface elements require FrameXML overrides which are not a great way to do anything. And 'Nurfed' UI is just a compilation of other people's mods.
04-03-05, 02:53 PM   #6
Shakma
A Defias Bandit
I am somewhat working on a complete redo of the WoW UI, but do not expect anything soon, ive only been writing down ideas over the past month and have in the last few days started to learn all the XML along with Lua that goes into making things happen.
04-03-05, 06:00 PM   #7
Beladona
A Molten Giant

Many of the lua functions in the game can be rehooked in order to modify them to suit your purposes. Obviously this, like anything else, has limits. But with a little know-how you can use many of the default functions to modify the bahvior, and in some cases even the look of default windows, without the use of FrameXML changes. It takes a little understanding and knowledge to hook a default function without destroying the original one (and making it forward compatible so that it still works if Blizz changes that function in the future)
04-03-05, 07:00 PM   #8
imajinx
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It's getting there

http://rjhaney.pair.com/sct/perl.html

Grayhoof isn't the original author of the mod, but I like his version better

Perl is the the original author, here is her thread in the world of warcraft forums

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » You call these Interfaces??