08-31-23, 03:12 PM   #1
GOTSNUFF
A Murloc Raider
Looking for WA expert

Hello I am looking for a weakaura expert that can help me make a weak aura that makes it so it hides all enemy nameplates when enemies are casting except the caster nameplates automatically without a modifier, i am willing to pay for your time. msg me or drop your discord you can add me on discord as well Snuff#2046
08-31-23, 08:49 PM   #2
Tim
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
SDPhantom already explained to you in your other thread about nameplates that they are within the protected environment with some being forbidden and have very limiting factors. You're not going to be able to accomplish what you want, period. The closest you're going to come to this is by perhaps using a nameplate addon and setting up cast bar sizes for enemies or something of the likes of that nature.
Battle Tag: Mysterio#11164
Current PC Setup: PCPartPicker List
08-31-23, 11:03 PM   #3
GOTSNUFF
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
SDPhantom already explained to you in your other thread about nameplates that they are within the protected environment with some being forbidden and have very limiting factors. You're not going to be able to accomplish what you want, period. The closest you're going to come to this is by perhaps using a nameplate addon and setting up cast bar sizes for enemies or something of the likes of that nature.
but the original aura already does what i want. i just want it to work without modifier is that possible? if its not possible then could you help with an addon or weakaura that can do what you are stating i should try instead?
08-31-23, 11:41 PM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
As explained, the limiting factor is these are protected frames at the very least. The only reliable way to deal with protected frames is though user action: pressing a key, clicking a button, or anything that can be derived from such. Your current request is to automate this without user action, which can't be done in any manner that ToS allows.

Also mentioned in my other post is that NamePlates are actually in two parts, an invisible click-frame that the client itself controls (this is the actual NamePlate and is protected) and a "fake" UnitFrame that renders over it. You can do whatever with the UnitFrame given it isn't attached to a NamePlate that's marked as forbidden, but hiding them will still leave your UI littered with an invisible minefield of frames that will intercept clicks if the mouse just happens to be in their area. This is not a practical result in which anyone would be happy playing with.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 08-31-23 at 11:53 PM.
09-02-23, 02:23 AM   #5
GOTSNUFF
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
As explained, the limiting factor is these are protected frames at the very least. The only reliable way to deal with protected frames is though user action: pressing a key, clicking a button, or anything that can be derived from such. Your current request is to automate this without user action, which can't be done in any manner that ToS allows.

Also mentioned in my other post is that NamePlates are actually in two parts, an invisible click-frame that the client itself controls (this is the actual NamePlate and is protected) and a "fake" UnitFrame that renders over it. You can do whatever with the UnitFrame given it isn't attached to a NamePlate that's marked as forbidden, but hiding them will still leave your UI littered with an invisible minefield of frames that will intercept clicks if the mouse just happens to be in their area. This is not a practical result in which anyone would be happy playing with.
Well someone did it and it works perfectly, If you guys don't know how to do it, that's all you should have said. There was no need to be rude about it, but ty for the time you invested to cope with your lack of skills to reply to me.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking for WA expert